New logo for AHL Ontario Reign released

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Disappointingly massive downgrade, imho. Reign had a solid look, wish that they hadn't changed it.

If I lived in Ontario and wanted a jersey that looked like the Kings..... I'd just get a Kings jersey.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
icethetics has pics of the uniform as well the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder logo which is a variation of the Stockton Thunder logo:

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2015/...rst-to-unveil-new-branding-for-2015-16-season

So we know Stockton is definitely getting a new name for next season.

If Stockton gets a new name next season that isn't the Thunder then we will know that stupid name the team contest is a god damn sham. The vast majority do not want a name change.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Another franchise selling out. Why not just change the nickname too?

They did - they changed the team's name from the Manchester Monarchs to the Ontario Reign.

Also, hard to "sell out" when the team was already ENTIRELY OWNED by the Kings. They already were an extension of the mothership. This isn't "selling out".

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
If Stockton gets a new name next season that isn't the Thunder then we will know that stupid name the team contest is a god damn sham. The vast majority do not want a name change.

Anyone who didn't already know that "Name the Team" contests are shams hasn't been paying attention. The "contest" is always a way for the fans to think they have a voice, but in almost every case, the team has already selected a name, and gives the fans the chance to "win" by picking the same name that they did.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Anyone who didn't already know that "Name the Team" contests are shams hasn't been paying attention. The "contest" is always a way for the fans to think they have a voice, but in almost every case, the team has already selected a name, and gives the fans the chance to "win" by picking the same name that they did.

I'd agree with this in most cases, though I would say if a "name the team" contest came back with some crazy majority wanting a specific name, teams would be silly not to use that name. I've suspected that the Condors name the team contest will almost certainly result in an Oil themed name, be it Bakersfield Oilers, Bakersfield Barons, etc. This, despite massive support to keep the team name Condors.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
I'd agree with this in most cases, though I would say if a "name the team" contest came back with some crazy majority wanting a specific name, teams would be silly not to use that name. I've suspected that the Condors name the team contest will almost certainly result in an Oil themed name, be it Bakersfield Oilers, Bakersfield Barons, etc. This, despite massive support to keep the team name Condors.

And I would bet Stockton's contest will most likely result in Grizzlies no matter what the fans want.

hkymnky

Feb 17, 2010
Disappointingly massive downgrade, imho. Reign had a solid look, wish that they hadn't changed it.

If I lived in Ontario and wanted a jersey that looked like the Kings..... I'd just get a Kings jersey.

Agreed. SUPER disappointing.

I can understand moving away from the blue and orange since all signs are pointing to Bakersfield taking on those colors, but getting rid of their entire branding package feels like throwing out the baby with the bath water.

A massive downgrade.

hkymnky

Feb 17, 2010
See:

KOVgSyg.png

Only took my 30 minutes. Would that have been so hard?!?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They did - they changed the team's name from the Manchester Monarchs to the Ontario Reign.

Also, hard to "sell out" when the team was already ENTIRELY OWNED by the Kings. They already were an extension of the mothership. This isn't "selling out".

Nitpicking of course but Ontario already had a franchise named the Reign. What I meant is why didn't they just change the name to Kings instead of bringing back the Reign name. They already tweaked the logo. Why not just scrap the Reign thing altogether and just go Kings?

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Can't believe Calgary is going to throw yet another beloved local brand under the bus. When will they learn? They do the same thing every time they move their AHL team and the fans never feel invested. They should have just kept the Thunder name in Stockton. Ditto for Edmonton and the Condors.

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
See:

KOVgSyg.png

Only took my 30 minutes. Would that have been so hard?!?

I'd make the black field in the background white so that the dragon and the text stands out more, but otherwise excellent. Much better than the new logo.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Can't believe Calgary is going to throw yet another beloved local brand under the bus. When will they learn? They do the same thing every time they move their AHL team and the fans never feel invested. They should have just kept the Thunder name in Stockton. Ditto for Edmonton and the Condors.

Still hope that the Condors stay the Condors, but yeah, I'm sure Edmonton wants to re-brand it to be Oil themed. 17 years of tradition and marketing down the toilet. Bang up job, guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad