Line Combos: New lines

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
So with timashov and gagner will they be in our lineup right away and where do you think they'll play lines wise??
Don’t think they will be in right away due to visa issues but could see something like:

Fabbri- larkin-mantha
Bert- fil- timashov
Helm- glenny- Gagner
Perlini(hopefully over Erne)- Nielsen- Ehn

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think my post got eaten by the Cloudflare gremlins today, but can Gagner spot-fill at 2C? Is he better than Flip?

Probably could do it. Probably not better than Val. I think he’s just a warm body.

I think we ride Perlini hard in the top 6 until Zadina is ready to return. This would be the time to try converting Fabbri back to center if they intend to try that at any point. Give him a crash course like they did with AA last year. Give him Bertuzzi and Timashov as his wingers. Let Perlini play with Larkin and Mantha. Then use your grab bag of bad on the bottom two lines.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think my post got eaten by the Cloudflare gremlins today, but can Gagner spot-fill at 2C? Is he better than Flip?

Definitely not better than Flip. Gagner is not really an NHL regular at this point, and in fact has spent a large chunk of recent time in the AHL. He is simply a warm body at this point, although he still skates well, he doesn't really do much else.

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
Next game:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Perlini - Filppula - Fabbri
Helm - Glendening - Timashov
Erne - Ehn - Gagner

After Zadina returns:

Fabbri - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Filppula - Zadina
Helm - Glendening - Timashov
Erne - Ehn - Perlini

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Next game:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Perlini - Filppula - Timashov
Helm - Glendening - Gagner
Erne - Nielsen - Ehn

After Zadina returns:

Helm - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Filppula - Zadina
Perlini - Glendening - Timashov
Erne - Gagner - Ehn
You forgot about Fabbri

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Gagner hasn't been taking much faceoffs for years. I see him as a winger.

Fabbri - Larkin - Mantha
Tuzzi - Filppula - Gagner <---- Zadina if healthy
Helm - Nielsen - Glendening <--- If Zadina back, Gagner here
Erne - Ehn - Abdelkader <--- Glendening at center, if Zadina back

Nemeth - Biega
Daley - Bowey
Ericsson - Goloubef

My god that defence.... They need a PP quarterback, time to call Cholowski back and bench that freaking Daley.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Gagner is better than Filppula, I'd like to see him center the 2nd line and move Filp and Glenny down personally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad