New Lines at Practice Today

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I give it 2-3 games before the Patches-DD duo returns.

At this point, Therrien would look like a complete idiot if he doesn't let the lines stick for a few games. All the media guys have picked up the story and seem to like it, no one is complaining about a Desharnais demotion.

In fact, Gaston even wrote an article about how he thinks Galchenyuk should be named captain next year lol.

I actually think these lines will stick, at least until Eller comes back which probably won't be for a while.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
As other people have said, I don't expect this to last.

The first time they have a bad shift, Therrien will go back to what he had before. When a veteran has a bad shift it's okay because he's a veteran, when a young player has a bad shift he gets benched for the rest of the game because he needs to learn.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
At this point, Therrien would look like a complete idiot if he doesn't let the lines stick for a few games. All the media guys have picked up the story and seem to like it, no one is complaining about a Desharnais demotion.

In fact, Gaston even wrote an article about how he thinks Galchenyuk should be named captain next year lol.

I actually think these lines will stick, at least until Eller comes back which probably won't be for a while.

I think, this. They'll probably want to switch a few things (hint : Pac with Plekanec at some point), but this configuration has to be tried.

On the other hand, what the media think is completely, but completely irrelevant.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I think, this. They'll probably want to switch a few things (hint : Pac with Plekanec at some point), but this configuration has to be tried.

On the other hand, what the media think is completely, but completely irrelevant.

It's just ironic how a few days after some media guys finally start asking questions about DD, he gets demoted.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Really curious to see how Therrien is gonne used those lines.
For some reason, i would be really pissed is Therrien continue to sheltered DD more than Galchneyuk....and with PAP and Bournival it's either that or they'll play the 4th line a lot more.

Saintpatrick*

It's just ironic how a few days after some media guys finally start asking questions about DD, he gets demoted.

That guy has flown under the radar for far too long. It's about time the Montreal press got their heads out of their collective *****. Been dying to see these lines I hope it's not for just a couple of periods.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

A few days?
More like many months.

EDIT :... meh, I see your point. Some guys were advocating the change 2 years ago, while some started advocating for it recently. You were clearly talking about the 2nd category.

But I stand by my point that what the media think is completely irrelevant.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As other people have said, I don't expect this to last.

The first time they have a bad shift, Therrien will go back to what he had before. When a veteran has a bad shift it's okay because he's a veteran, when a young player has a bad shift he gets benched for the rest of the game because he needs to learn.
I don't think so. Just a hunch but I think that somebody (either MT or MB or both of them collectively) have come to the realization that they had to change something. We'll see but I think this could be the start of something good.

God I hope so anyway.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't think so. Just a hunch but I think that somebody (either MT or MB or both of them collectively) have come to the realization that they had to change something. We'll see but I think this could be the start of something good.

God I hope so anyway.

Actually, they just had to TRY SOME THINGS.

We shouldn't be a bubble playoffs team, thus, regular season is the time for experiments.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

That's what I would have said yesterday. On the other hand, judging by Max, DD and MT's comments, it's clear no one was surprised. I thought changing the lines would be more seamless. It seems to have been a big thing. I don't know how they could decide to reverse course after a few shifts...:dunno:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's what I would have said yesterday. On the other hand, judging by Max, DD and MT's comments, it's clear no one was surprised. I thought changing the lines would be more seamless. It seems to have been a big thing. I don't know how they could decide to reverse course after a few shifts...:dunno:

If this is a long term move...
We still lack a winger IMO.
I see Max ending up with Plecks & Ghetto And Sekac with Chucky & Gally.
Plecky's line to take on the power vs power confrontation.

This seems best until Eller gets back.
Then your guess is as good as mine if these lines last...

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Really like the new lines but with Therrien one bad shift and Pacioretty will be back with Desharnais.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher: Offense #1
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Sekac: Two way/All situations
Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau: Offense #2
Prust-Malhotra-Weise: Shutdown
Tangradi

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Really like the new lines but with Therrien one bad shift and Pacioretty will be back with Desharnais.

Tangradi

Andrighetto only played 1 NHL game. How is his defensive game? Is he good enough to play a 2-way game with tough defensive assignments? I would rather switch gallager with Sekac but anything with Desharnais out of the top six is good enough for me.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Tangradi

I would be sooo tempted to switch up Ghetto and Pac.
Then you have a killer all season radial you can roll with (illegal in Quebec) :laugh:
Give the kids the sheltered minutes and let DD earn the D prowess we've been hearing about for so long. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00