OT: New Leafs Apparel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
You got me looking at jerseys now. Does Matthews officially have #34 with the leafs or is it in limbo?

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
I think its still in limbo. I know the online presale for the Leafs new jersey starts next Monday on the Real Sports apparel website. I know I'll be getting a Morgan Rielly one.

Thanks, I will wait until then to be sure of his number and then buy it from China. There are nice looking ones online for $30USD. (Sorry NHL, but charity starts at home). I am excited to get this ordered for sure

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
The Chinese knock offs are garbage. You can always spot the people with those at games. Color looks off. If it's just to buy to roll around and play grab ass with your friends, then it's fine.

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
fair enough, I guess a critique from a jersey pro like yourself if worth (in my books at least) paying 20% of the price.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
The Chinese knock offs are garbage. You can always spot the people with those at games. Color looks off. If it's just to buy to roll around and play grab ass with your friends, then it's fine.

I've never had color issues with them.

More of the minor imperfections like loose threads, logo's not centered correctly, or simply the wrong size....but definitely always worth the 15-20% cost of a brand new one.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Picked this up a couple weeks ago from Real Sports when I was in T.O

104000122530-HR_large.jpg

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
I'd take my chances with 6 or 7 chinese knock offs over the 1 authentic, personally.
I have bought about 15 knock-offs and had an issue with 1. Lesson learned, dont buy from that seller again and buy from the seller of the good purchases. I haven't had a color issue either, I think that is just a generic complaint from those that love paying the NHL tax for their jerseys

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I've never had color issues with them.

More of the minor imperfections like loose threads, logo's not centered correctly, or simply the wrong size....but definitely always worth the 15-20% cost of a brand new one.

Each to their own. If the cost of a real sweater seems steep, then sure, go the China route. But I'm just saying I've never seen one that looks authentic. I know a lot of people who buy them, and they all claim you can't tell the difference, but when I'm going to games and see them in a sea of real sweaters, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
He's too busy admiring the price tag on his jersey while trying to spot fakes apparently :laugh:

Yea like I agreed with him until he got to that point. I don't like fakes. I can spot them, but then again, I like jerseys, the look, the feel etc. I'm not going to sneer at someone who wears one however. I just wouldn't buy or wear one myself. If I'm going to buy something, I prefer the real, authentic thing.

But to get on someone for wearing something that makes them happy, where does one get off?

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Yea like I agreed with him until he got to that point. I don't like fakes. I can spot them, but then again, I like jerseys, the look, the feel etc. I'm not going to sneer at someone who wears one however. I just wouldn't buy or wear one myself. If I'm going to buy something, I prefer the real, authentic thing.

But to get on someone for wearing something that makes them happy, where does one get off?

Thank you for agreeing with my initial point.

I'm not "getting on" anyone. I've said multiple times people should do what they like.

Too many people on here don't like when someone invades their safe space.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
The jerseys you get from China look awful. You can justify it any way you want (20% cost) but they are obvious knock offs.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Must say, I find the knock-off jerseys cringe-inducing, but to each his own.

As for no jerseys after 25? Crazy talk.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
The jerseys you get from China look awful. You can justify it any way you want (20% cost) but they are obvious knock offs.

I don't buy knockoffs anymore, but a couple of years ago when I was starting my undergrad and had little disposable income I bought a knockoff Kadri Jersey and it was extremely hard to tell the difference from the real thing (had a real JVR). I also bought a knockoff Kessel that looked terrible.

Point is, it's extremely inconsistent from Jersey to Jersey but I know first hand you could get a damn good looking, 99% authentic Jersey but at the same time you could end up with a dud.

With that being said, I'm going to order both a home Matthews and an away Marner (assuming they let him wear 93) as soon as the Leafs allow us to pre order.

Mad Brills*

I'm not a jersey guy, more of a hoodie/sweatshirt/shirsey/hat guy. More bang for your buck

GLobello

Dec 1, 2015
In regards to knockoffs, they're junk. Sure, the price for legit stuff can be ridiculous but if you look around there are always deals to be found. Now is a great time to buy a last year style Leafs jersey since retailers will be trying to move them out.

About a month ago Icejerseys had on ice authentic Canadian made edge 2.0 Leafs jerseys (last years style) For $150 all in. Yes, you would have to put in another $40-$50 to get it lettered but still for the cost of about 3 fakes I would rather have the real thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad