New Leadership Needed?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Honestly, I'm not Gionta's biggest fan, but the guy played with a torn bicep. If that's not leadership and putting it on the line, I don't know what is. One thing I won't question Gionta on is leadership.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
We need to overhaul the D. A lot of young prospects coming, Markov is getting old, Bouillon is Bouillon, Gorges has been meh, Diaz and Weber are soft... Their puck skills don't compensate for how soft they are in their zone.

Habsterix*

Amazing that people are even questioning the leadership in this room with what this team has accomplished this year... Don't feel "inspired" by Gionta, Gorges and company? That your problem Habs' fans, not the team's. Here I thought that Therrien's comments about Gionta yesterday would have dissipated any doubt about Gio and his leadership. There is no pleasing this fan base.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I have absolutely no problems with Gionta with the C.
What I did have problems with was him getting prime offensive minutes when he should be on the 3rd line in the regular season.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Team Leadership is growing and developing, just as other elements are. There are some obvious leaders, and Gionta is a solid one. But you can always use more, and some of the younger guys will be learning how they can fit into the leadership picture. All part of the process.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I have absolutely no problems with Gionta with the C.
What I did have problems with was him getting prime offensive minutes when he should be on the 3rd line in the regular season.

His minutes are more prime defensive minutes. DD and Eller get the "prime offensive minutes" matchups. Gionta plays with Plekanec and they play against top lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad