New Justin Peters mask

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
11070242_10153161101784819_3018191539834073916_n.jpg

Abe Lincoln inspired "Dawg" mask.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Something tells me if this was Holtby's new mask the reaction would be more positive but maybe I'm just a cynic?

It's a mask. I couldn't care less what is on it...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Something tells me if this was Holtby's new mask the reaction would be more positive but maybe I'm just a cynic?

It's a mask. I couldn't care less what is on it...

Cynic. Can you explain how the hell Abe Lincoln + "dawg" = hockey mask?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Abe Lincoln was a president of the US, Peters plays I the US capital for the capitals. I believe his nickname is p-dawg.

Well, yeah. Of course. But it doesn't make much sense. I'm not getting some kind of "oh man that's cool/clever" vibe from picking those things and putting them together. If we're just selecting random presidential items, why not Teddy Roosevelt's glasses? Or Washington's teeth? Those are about as intimidating as a stovepipe hat on a roided-out dawg wearing a bow tie on your chin.

I guess the word I'm searching for here is "lame".

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Those are about as intimidating as a stovepipe hat on a roided-out dawg wearing a bow tie on your chin.

Do you really think the opposition, any opposition, was ever intimidated by what was on some goaltender's mask? Come on, what is on their masks doesn't mean squat. Except to the fans who of course need something else to complain about when it concerns players they don't like...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Do you really think the opposition, any opposition, was ever intimidated by what was on some goaltender's mask? Come on, what is on their masks doesn't mean squat. Except to the fans who of course need something else to complain about when it concerns players they don't like...

No it's pretty lame. The whole point of decorating masks is to make them look meaner, tougher, cooler, whatever... otherwise they would just leave them blank. Same as tricking out a vehicle or guitar or whatever. And this combo makes little sense to me. It's like putting a tutu on a balrog because you like LOTR and your daughter is into ballet, or something.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
No it's pretty lame. The whole point of decorating masks is to make them look meaner, tougher, cooler, whatever... otherwise they would just leave them blank. Same as tricking out a vehicle or guitar or whatever. And this combo makes little sense to me. It's like putting a tutu on a balrog because you like LOTR and your daughter is into ballet, or something.

You may think it is lame but the point of decorating masks is not to make them look meaner, tougher, or whatever, it is to personalize them for the guy who is actually wearing them. Do you know how many things guys put on their masks that have absolutely no meaning to anyone except to them? A whole heck of a lot. Nobody should give a **** about what someone puts on their mask. But by all means keep on keeping on with this ridiculous level of complaining...

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The question is not will this scare the opposing forwards into missing their shots, because that would be ridiculous.

The question is, is the theme and the execution creative, interesting, and good looking. The answer to that question in this case is a big fat NO.

Terrible mask.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You may think it is lame but the point of decorating masks is not to make them look meaner, tougher, or whatever, it is to personalize them for the guy who is actually wearing them. Do you know how many things guys put on their masks that have absolutely no meaning to anyone except to them? A whole heck of a lot. Nobody should give a **** about what someone puts on their mask. But by all means keep on keeping on with this ridiculous level of complaining...

I don't need your permission to critique a piece of art. I have a degree on my wall that says so. :p:

I'm not sure why you're so bothered by this. It's an opinion about hockey mask art on a hockey website. Are we supposed to just look at the pic and say "I bet it means something to him therefore I have no opinion at all regarding how it looks"? Nobody's writing complaint letters to the player or the artist so not sure why you think it's "ridiculous level of complaining" to offer an opinion of the art as it is presumably presented here in a discussion forum for...discussion.

Not everyone is going to agree with you about subjective matters like art and nobody is breaking the rules in this thread. So if you don't like the opinions expressed here, don't click on the thread anymore, or at least avoid taking it off topic and shifting to the poster rather than the mask. :)

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Some classics!

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hockey players spook easy. Think about how freaked they must be if they screw up their pregame ritual.

Clown Masks FTW. Even kids know. I think there is potential here for a good one.

How about this beauty

mqHS_f1yRymSg7jwmZUefiw.jpg

Twisted Metal hahahahahahahahaha #OutlawsSpecialWeapon

TwistedMetalGameplay.PNG

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Do you think he gets another start in the regular season?

With that mask? Not a chance. Clearly the poor performance by the team last night can be chalked up to the general disgust of everyone associated with the organization with that mask. I mean how can anyone be expected to get up and play a game when they know that mask is sitting next to the backup goaltender? Peters has apparently found yet another way to cost this team...

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Here's the mask's description for those interested -

I had so fun when I painted and created this piece… Justin always has his mask transformed into a crazy dawg.. Check out his earlier masks we have made together, you find them on my site

Well how about transform the dawg into a politician, since Justin plays in the Capitals city with all the politicians… me and Justin brainstormed together, and then this idea popped up… How about transform Justin´s dawg into President Lincoln, a true boss and President, yea why not?

So here he is, the dawg is showing off his teeth more than ever, and since he is Abe, he has the Abe beard, Abe hat and the same kind of tie as Abe….

And just as usual, if you dare to come close to this hungry dawg, you will find a storybook of details, Abe himself, and the Capitolium, and the President´s sigill…and more...

And this dawg really takes care of his teeth and brush them very well, so well so they glows in the dark…

Of course the mask is loaded with all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX, and so much more…

Thanks Justin, so proud to be your personal artist! We have been working for many years and I am looking forward to many more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad