Proposal: New jersey - Ottawa

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
sorry, the 5th round pick is disgruntled and doesn't want to be traded back to the devils.

I'm not sure if you understand the emotional state of this 5th round pick...

It wants to go back, and coincidentally Murray goes back to CBJ!

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I'm not sure if you understand the emotional state of this 5th round pick...

It wants to go back, and coincidentally Murray goes back to CBJ!
no, the 5th round pick is emotionally attached to hynes and hynes is rumored to get fired by nashville and be the successor of torts in columbus. :naughty:

Reactions: TSA0402

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Would not make that deal but fully open to trading him towards the the end of the year..If Ottawa was to offer a first (which they won't) I would trade him today. Would not sign him to a long term contract just continue the rebuild and the youth movement.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Would not make that deal but fully open to trading him towards the the end of the year..If Ottawa was to offer a first (which they won't) I would trade him today. Would not sign him to a long term contract just continue the rebuild and the youth movement.

Murray just turned 27....its not like he is some 32 year old at the end of his career

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007

Devils have to sign some vets next year, I’d prefer they go with an in-house player that they can trust. I’m hopeful at least one of Murray/ Palmieri / Gusev re-sign in NJ to a reasonable term. Right now Murray looks like the most important one to re-sign frankly.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Did Columbus ever even wind up needing the cap space that Murray's contract opened up? Doesn't seem like it. Odd decision to just dump him like that.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Did Columbus ever even wind up needing the cap space that Murray's contract opened up? Doesn't seem like it. Odd decision to just dump him like that.
If Dubois took a long term deal or sign offer sheet he would make more than 5m.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Murray just turned 27....its not like he is some 32 year old at the end of his career
27 a good player but you need him on ice if he is hurt he can't play it factors into any signing..Injuries can happen to any player however if it wasn't in his past he would still be in Columbus...Anyone offering a first you take it.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Ottawa is not trading our new jerseys FFS. They are the best thing about our team at the moment.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If Murray is still playing as well as he started two months from now they should be trying to lock him up long term
injury history should be taken in consideration in term or aav. you don't pay him first pairing d money for 5+ years. too risky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad