Proposal: New jersey - Ottawa

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
To Ottawa: Ryan Murray

To New Jersey: Mike Reilly + 2021 pick

Murray was acquired for a 5th round pick so I'm not sure what round the 2021 pick would have to be in. Would boost Ottawa's playoff chances and New Jersey would get another draft pick. A prospect might also be included going to NJD if needed.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Murray was acquired for a 5th round pick so I'm not sure what round the 2021 pick would have to be in. Would boost Ottawa's playoff chances and New Jersey would get another draft pick. A prospect might also be included going to NJD if needed.
Technically New Jersey’s playoff chances are better right now since they have the best winning percentage in the MassMutual East.

It’s only been three games. Why is NJ shipping out their best off-season addition for scraps already?

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Murray has been solid playing on the top pair. Getting him for a 5th was a complete steal. I’m sure his injury history affected his value but so far he has been healthy and great for nj

Reactions: MakoSlade

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The only way this deal happens is if

1) Murray happens to be healthy at the deadline

2) Jersey is out of it

3) Ottawa is in it

Some of those things seem pretty unlikely.

Absolutely not. The only way I'd consider it is if it was a first and even then I don't think I'd do it.

I know Murray has been great and all, but that would be an Ottawa 1st for a pending UFA with a degenerative back condition. I'm sure you just didn't think about all of that.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
The only way this deal happens is if

1) Murray happens to be healthy at the deadline

2) Jersey is out of it

3) Ottawa is in it

Some of those things seem pretty unlikely.

I know Murray has been great and all, but that would be an Ottawa 1st for a pending UFA with a degenerative back condition. I'm sure you just didn't think about all of that.
Definitely forgot he was a pending UFA with a back condition. That being said, if the Devils can work out a long term deal with him, he is exactly what they need on defense. A first would be great and all, but if Ottawa is in a playoff spot, I don't really know if it would be worth it over a long term contract.

Reactions: majormajor

NJDsince90

Jun 29, 2016
Zero reason for NJ to do this, unless the pick is pretty high. Even then that'd be a deadline move.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
“Hey Murray, thanks for your 3 game dedication to this organization, you’ve been traded”

... why would the Devils entertain this?

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY

No interest at all from NJ imo. Murray has been great so far, and legit just got here. Doesn’t make any sense at all right now specially with NJ playing well. The biggest surprise is that the D looks much much better than years past.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
so let's make it a 2021 1st top30 protected. else it becomes a 2022 1st without protection. :naughty:
Any gm that gives up an unprotected 2022 1 should be hung upside down by their toenails and forced to listen to bananarama, aqua, and right said fred non stop.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Any gm that gives up an unprotected 2022 1 should be hung upside down by their toenails and forced to listen to bananarama, aqua, and right said fred non stop.
You forgot Flock of Seagulls.
OIP.7XcpZNZifBvTt5b44FIniQHaEK

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You forgot Flock of Seagulls.
OIP.7XcpZNZifBvTt5b44FIniQHaEK

You forgot about Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Dead or Alive if you want to use that particular form of torture.

Aqua barbie girl is way worse torture than And I run. Now if you add staring at that photo it gets close.

The "model" vs "relax" is a battle for the ages. Pure evil. You do have an upper hand in that u can say one word for the victory. ZOOLANDER.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Aqua barbie girl is way worse torture than And I run. Now if you add staring at that photo it gets close.

The "model" vs "relax" is a battle for the ages. Pure evil. You do have an upper hand in that u can say one word for the victory. ZOOLANDER.

Seems like you derailed another hockey thread. :thumbu:

Reactions: Flyer lurker

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If he can stay healthy, I really don't see the point. The offer does nothing to help NJD right now. While on paper you can look at them and say "Not a playoff team!" The metro is going to be a god damn dog fight. So many games are going to be a real grind. Until you're out, you're not out...

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
At the deadline maybe yes. Right now , No. For a few reasons .
He’s playing very well , he literally just got here , Decils are playing well as a team so far and Murray has solidified our D or at the very least , has helped made our D core respectable for the first time in as long as I can remember. Very young team as it is, he is considered one of the veterans on the team .
If anything , I want to resign him if he can remain healthy unless we can get a good deal at the deadline

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad