New jersey numbers

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Will be weird to see a #51 out there again.

I like the switch by Pulkkinen, much better number.

Wonder why Marchy switched, that number wasn't even taken before.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I kind of want an Ott t-shirt jersey. I hope they make a few. I'm not committed enough to the idea to get a real jersey, but I'm game for the t-shirt.

Also, guys, Ottoberfest is almost upon us. Prepare yourselves.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd be willing to buy and then burn an Ott T shirt out of spite.

Aw, come on, man. Let's get into it and enjoy the ride. He's actually a cool guy. I kind of hate him as a player (he's a dumb penalty machine), but the person I've enjoyed since Dallas.

And I laughed at this tweet from his wife.

Although it says he did that in Grade 8? Yeah, ok. Well, good thing hockey worked out!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Haha, I saw the title of the thread and had assumed they changed the font for the numbers on all the jerseys. My bad.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Otter's a great personality.

Yeah he's a cool dude. Fan favorite in Dallas for a long time. But then he got the overpaid/overplayed treatment after he netted 20 goals one time and that was the beginning of the end of his tenure there.

If he stayed a bottom line agitator who played smart defensive hockey, all well and good, but he ended up getting a contract that assumed he'd keep scoring goals. Well, that's not his thing. In two seasons, 2008-2010 he scored 41 goals. Since then, over 6 seasons, he's scored 44 goals. (Fingers crossed we don't say this about Abby and Helm one day)

When he came into the league they joked about his lack of scoring calling him "Red Hot Steve Ott." Sort of like "Hot Hands Helm." I have no idea how much he has left in the tank, but he used to be an ideal bottom line energy player with some sandpaper to his game.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Yeah he's a cool dude. Fan favorite in Dallas for a long time. But then he got the overpaid/overplayed treatment after he netted 20 goals one time and that was the beginning of the end of his tenure there.

If he stayed a bottom line agitator who played smart defensive hockey, all well and good, but he ended up getting a contract that assumed he'd keep scoring goals. Well, that's not his thing. In two seasons, 2008-2010 he scored 41 goals. Since then, over 6 seasons, he's scored 44 goals. (Fingers crossed we don't say this about Abby and Helm one day)

When he came into the league they joked about his lack of scoring calling him "Red Hot Steve Ott." Sort of like "Hot Hands Helm." I have no idea how much he has left in the tank, but he used to be an ideal bottom line energy player with some sandpaper to his game.

I want to see more of this from him... one of my all-time favorites:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I want to see more of this from him... one of my all-time favorites:

Haha, goodness, thanks for sharing that. Love the comment by Razor, "I would have drank bleach this season if Ott wasn't dressing." I mean, it's true. There were brutal years to watch the Stars. So bad. Stuff like that was a bright spot.

Sorry I know this thread is about numbers, but I have no idea how much I can talk about that... so just going to talk about the new guy.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Haha, goodness, thanks for sharing that. Love the comment by Razor, "I would have drank bleach this season if Ott wasn't dressing." I mean, it's true. There were brutal years to watch the Stars. So bad. Stuff like that was a bright spot.

My pleasure, it really does make me smile every time.

Sorry I know this thread is about numbers, but I have no idea how much I can talk about that... so just going to talk about the new guy.

I'll apologize as well for derailing, and as an added "controversial comment" bonus: I actually like Little Caesars pizza. :naughty:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Really, I think 53 is an odd number and ugly for a jersey number, and weird that he just didn't have it already. I don't know for sure, but I think teams sometimes have unwritten rules about earning a number of choice for players who aren't full fledged roster members yet. Just a guess, but maybe March and Pulks, have "earned" their choice now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad