GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Winnipeg Jets - 8:00pm - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
The rumor was Gallant didn't want it and Lavs wanted like 5m to take the job ( i dont think he can coach a rebuilding team so thats fine )

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We are only 1/4 through. Plenty of time but we need to make some big changes in how we are playing.

Issue is they are consistently playing like shit and spiraling.

Most likely need to get like 5 out of the next 6 points to fully move past it.

Honestly you can't be losing games at home to Philly and Ottawa and have any expectations of having a successful season.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This team has too much talent to be this bad. Ruff can f*** off and so can Fitz with the “learning to win” bullshit. They can’t even keep it competitive.
I'm really turning on Fitz after his comments yesterday.

I've LOVED his moves (other than Ruff hiring and the removal of Melanson from the staff) but this is the same stuff we were hearing from Shero and Josh Harris (let me find the quote in a little) said when Shero was fired something about we need to win. Was this a cover so he didn't air out why Shero was really fired? Fitzgerald is Shero's right hand man. Or was his right hand man.

Generally you don't fire someone and make their right hand man anything more than an interim. If you have a problem with the president, do you really want them out of there only for their vice president to take over? You might rather have the speaker of the house take over.

Is he really anything more than Shero 2.0? A lot of people didn't want Shero fired, so they might support a Shero 2.0, but how many years does he get to speed the process along? He should be able to get this ship righted quicker than Shero would have been able to, because he started out with more than what Shero started out with.

If Shero really was fired for performance reasons and not because he didn't want to ''Work collectively'' with a group of people helping him make decisions, Fitzgerald really shouldn't have as much time to really try and make some progress. Shero only got 4 years and 8 months? And started out with barely anything? Fitz is just about at 23 months, unless you wanna start at when the interim tag was removed.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad