GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning: Early Minimalist Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Alright Alright, let's get this GDT over with

After much excitement leading up to the opener we're back to reality. No more excitement

Ct9uKa8XgAEjdgp.jpg:large

We had a good run of one game but we've lost one game already so we're doomed

Cs02ppzUsAAqNaB.jpg:large

Some good news this morning though, at least for what seems like the majority on the board. Bennett is in for JJ on the 3rd line and DSP has been brought down there as well!

It's only game 2 and the GDT quality has gone down substantially, we're on record pace. Go Devils!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Also, according to Chere 2.0 Santini taking Auvitu's spot but Auvitu is still on the powerplay. Magic I say!

FORWARDS
Taylor Hall-Adam Henrique-PA Parenteau
Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Kyle Palmieri
Beau Bennett-Pavel Zacha-Devanta Smith-Pelly
Miles Wood-Vern Fiddler-Blake Speers
Reid Boucher, Jacob Josefson

DEFENSEMEN
John Moore-Ben Lovejoy
Andy Greene-Damon Severson
Kyle Quincey-Steven Santini
Yohann Auvitu

GOALIES
Starter: Cory Schneider
Backup: Keith Kinkaid

POWER PLAY
Hall-Zajac-Henrique-Palmieri-Severson
Parenteau-Cammalleri-Zacha-Smith-Pelly-Auvitu

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2016/10/devils_lines_vs_tampa_bay_lightning_101516.html

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don't worry the goals are coming. The Devils are going to score so many goals, you aren't going to believe it, but I want to talk about JJ. Just a terrible person, horrible. It doesn't bother me, but clearly he isn't good player. I mean look at him, come on.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And Santini is still the extra D according to Gross. I wonder if Chere helped pick their new guy :sarcasm:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think that top line could do really well. Zajac needs a possession player like Hall on his wing to thrive.

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri. ZZ Pops 2.0

In all seriousness, Cammalleri - Zajac looks absolutely awful and always has. Cammalleri and Henrique have always looked good together so I'm interested to see how Hall - Zajac does.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Don't worry the goals are coming. The Devils are going to score so many goals, you aren't going to believe it, but I want to talk about JJ. Just a terrible person, horrible. It doesn't bother me, but clearly he isn't good player. I mean look at him, come on.

Thank you Mr. Trump.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hall - Zajac - Palmieri. ZZ Pops 2.0

In all seriousness, Cammalleri - Zajac looks absolutely awful and always has. Cammalleri and Henrique have always looked good together so I'm interested to see how Hall - Zajac does.

Zajac will be useless as usual in the offensive end.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zajac will be useless as usual in the offensive end.

I'm not too sure of that. Go look at some old ZZPops highlights and watch how much space they create in the offensive zone.

Thursday night, you saw glimpses of that with Hall. His ability to find players and open up space for his linemates. Zajac's offensive abilities lie more in his smarts rather than his skills and his shot is still strong even though he refuses to use it for whatever reason. Hall also plays that fast-paced cycle game where they try to get pucks to the net quickly which is right up Zajac's alley.

Hell, even look at his 2013-14 year. Look how many times Jagr creates space for Zajac and his linemates. We haven't had anyone do that since then, Hall can.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Wouldn't make sense if Auvitu was a scratch of 7th defenseman tonight, I thought he was one of our best defenders last game. He and Quincy were also the only pairing with a positive corsi.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Thank you Emporertrump:laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hopefully Zacha overtakes Zajac sooner then later. Zajac would be a tremendous 3rd line center (overpaid one)

Zajac needs an extended look alongside Hall before we decide to move Zacha up higher than him.

If there is anyone that can bring the old Zajac back, it's Hall.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Poor Zacha, no matter how well he plays... Hynes keeps putting dead weight on his line.

Zacha hasn't done anything.

EDIT: I realize that may sound harsh, but until Zacha learns to use his skill to be a difference maker, he does not belong anywhere above Zajac in the line-up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad