Pre-Game Talk: New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 3.24.16 | 7:00 PM | Keep it going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
This is the kind of game we miss Geno in. Devils playing great defense and Crosby struggling, would've been nice to have another guy who's capable of taking over a game right now. :(

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Best Penguin tonight. But that does not mean a lot the way they played.

And, again, ZERO ES shifts with Sid.

As I keep saying, for all the good he's done, Sully on his best nights is an inconsistent bench boss. On his worst nights, he's Bylsma 2.0.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have never in my life had such dichotomy loving a club and hating everything around it (especially their propaganda wing

ThaKloned

Mar 21, 2016
Ottawa
lol They just mentioned Pens looking like being in playoff mode on Sunday. I think tonight fills that more.

Opposing goalie looking like an MVP *check*
Firing pucks as hard as you can into the chest of goalie *check*
Kessel has been the best Penguin... *critical levels*

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This is the kind of game we miss Geno in. Devils playing great defense and Crosby struggling, would've been nice to have another guy who's capable of taking over a game right now. :(

We could've used him on the PP. He always looks good on the left point.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I can pretend?

WOOOO!!!11! GO PENS YOU CANS DO IT/ I BELEIVE IN YOU AND THINK YOU CAN/ DO THIS IF YOU REALLY TRY TOUR VESTEST!! YASSSSSSSSS PENSSSSSSS WINNNSSSSSSS

Not bad. Not bad at all (pending Sniper's verdict).

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Maybe this will teach them to simplify. The east/west **** when there are clear looks at the net with people in front is driving me bonkers.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
7-2 in the 9 straight divisional games. Hard to not be happy about that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Meh they were due for a stinker. They took care of business over the weekend and against the xaps at least.

Wrong time. A win tonight and you're up 7 on the Wings with 9 to go for both teams. Now, up 5 . . . still in the driver's seat, but they can't drop 2 points Saturday.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
And, again, ZERO ES shifts with Sid.

As I keep saying, for all the good he's done, Sully on his best nights is an inconsistent bench boss. On his worst nights, he's Bylsma 2.0.

No, he's quite consistent. :laugh:

You mean that he keeps making the same bad decisions without learning. Bad nights are when his initial idea fails (which it does because it wasn't great to begin with) and he has to go to plan B. Plan B is worse and doesn't offer much. He's definitely in the Bylsma mold, and for all of his many faults, Johnston was the most capable of being reasonable with his lines and Kunitz wasn't allowed to run roughshod.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Meh they were due for a stinker. They took care of business over the weekend and against the xaps at least.

Sure, a loss is always inevitable at some point. But with the way the Pens were playing lately, it shouldn't have come against a hobbled, non-playoff Devils team and rookie goalie after a 3 day break.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The one against Sid on the 3-1. That might literally be it.

That wasn't tough. 2 seconds before Letang passed, Wedgewood moved to Sid's side. He was square when Sid got the puck and had come out when Sid didn't one time, so it was a tiny corner to shoot at.

If Letang passes to Hagelin there, Hagelin has 2/3 of the net open.

As I said earlier, I get passing to Sid there, but Letang needs to be aware of Wedgewood already moving to Sid's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad