New Jersey Devils Hire New GM

MichaelDevils

Apr 16, 2020
Exciting times in Newark as today the Devils ownership announced the hiring of a new GM, Michael Robert, at the Prudential Center. Mr. Robert, 44, comes to the league originally from Nanaimo BC and currently residing in Airdrie (Calgary) Alberta.

Hugh Weber, President, brags about finding this “diamond in the rough” GM. “Michael has over 15 years’ experience in being a GM but lesser leagues. He even was a commissioner of a league for many years. We believe he is ready for a league of this caliber and you will all be surprised at how quickly the Devils move forward towards the ultimate goal of winning the Cup!”

Mr. Robert also had some interesting comments for other GMs in the league. “Gents, I may be new to you but I was not born yesterday. The Devils plan to sit back and use this playoff period to sign players and to review/analyze the team and plot out a plan. No moves will be made immediately until closer to the draft. We will be putting a list of available players up after the playoffs, I wish those teams in the playoffs the best of luck.”

While interviewing Mr. Robert, I did find out a few things including some juicy gossip. Michael has two sons, 13 and 16 and two step “adults” with a step-son at 20 and step-daughter of 22. When asked whether his family is excited to move to the New Jersey area he responded with, “My kids are not really that excited except my 16 year old son who is currently being recruited by US Colleges for baseball. I am excited to be in the NHL finally but was not a fan of the Devils. My ex-wife was a Devils fan.” There was much laughter after that comment amongst those in the room. “My goal is to grow our youth into a strong core that will compete at the top of the league for many years to come, it will be a bit of a process and you, the media and the fans may disagree with me at times, but I have the map in my head of how to bring a championship for the first time since 2003!” With that Mr. Robert smiled ear to ear and ran off the stage chanting DEVILS DEVILS DEVILS.

Contact info: Whatsapp 403-880-5415 email: [email protected]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad