Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
“Break down the film! Lolz!”
*breaks down film, incredibly easy goal*
“Yeah well here’s stats from Oct/Nov/Dec showing we’re great!”

It’s undeniably soft defensive zone coverage, something we’ve seen for 3 years. It’s going to continue to burn them as the games continue to get tougher.

And it’s all for naught if we’re going to play that bad in the nz/dz!
“Breaking down film” is not just cherry picking a couple plays and saying “see, they’re easy to play against”. You can do that shit to literally any team, including Boston. We play strong defense. Pick a metric, we’re good.

You are totally ignoring the evidence in front of you and instead cling to some stupid narrative. You can orgasm if we lose a playoff series as that will finally prove your claim about our horrific breakdowns. Our “undeniably soft defensive coverage” that has us giving up the 5th fewest goals per game will be the culprit, regardless of the facts.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
This was perhaps the most aggravating loss I've ever experienced this season.
Wasn't that they lost any team can win or lose any night...I agree it was aggravating and imo the lack of fire and fight was the worst things about it , at least Bratt did something for Nico....

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like an MKB kind of night.

What NZ forecheck? Three forwards gliding.
The neutral zone coverage wasn't to blame for that goal. The Devils forced the play wide and Siegenthaler contained the puck carrier to the wall with Bahl supporting, which was played fine. The breakdown is Timo letting the cross-ice pass through the slot and Bratt floating and puck watching while Cozens walks in behind him.

5 guys with their backs turned to the net front and weak side is a recipe for disaster. That's youth hockey shit.

The Devils transition offense is also partially to blame. You can see Timo and Bratt are more focused on gaining puck control and turning the play up ice than defending.

1679754117067.png

Reactions: Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

BrickCityHockey*****
Jan 12, 2008
NJ
“Breaking down film” is not just cherry picking a couple plays and saying “see, they’re easy to play against”. You can do that shit to literally any team, including Boston. We play strong defense. Pick a metric, we’re good.

You are totally ignoring the evidence in front of you and instead cling to some stupid narrative. You can orgasm if we lose a playoff series as that will finally prove your claim about our horrific breakdowns. Our “undeniably soft defensive coverage” that has us giving up the 5th fewest goals per game will be the culprit, regardless of the facts.
Ok deal. Only if you promise to do the same to the while looking at the charts after we get bounced.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Ok deal. Only if you promise to do the same to the while looking at the charts after we get bounced.
It legitimately feels like you’d be happy if they got eliminated as if it would somehow prove your point and you could say “SEE, I WAS RIGHT WE GOT BOUNCED”.

Seems you’re rarely here in good times, you only show up when the team loses and to say they suck. Why not enjoy the season and the huge amount of positive they’ve given us this year? This is their first year turning it around and the season has been incredible overall. It’s just the beginning for this group.

I’m sincerely asking, not trying to be a dick. I just really don’t get this stuff and this outlook.

Reactions: Call Me Al
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad