GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Buffalo Sabres, 24/03/2023, 7:00 PM, MSG, MSG-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Not as good as @JK3 or @Better Call Dano, but you know what?

1679675372477.png

Huge game tonight for the boys.

AliveInfamousDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

It's simple. A Dub = Playoff Berth

javk-hughes-lets-go-baby.gif

Let's get it done! LGD!!!!

giphy.gif

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Go Devils Go !
No idea what to expect from the Sabres . All season long they have been incredibly hot and cold . One game they can look like they are Cup contenders , the next game they look like they should be in on the Bedard sweepstakes.
They have no pressure now as playoffs are not happening for them . They look like they have given up the last two games and have got blown out .
However , that might have them motivated to not get embarrassed at home and give their fans all they can offer and come out on fire , and play loose . So either they are going to score 8 goals or give up 8 .

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Go Devils Go !
No idea what to expect from the Sabres . All season long they have been incredibly hot and cold . One game they can look like they are Cup contenders , the next game they look like they should be in on the Bedard sweepstakes.
They have no pressure now as playoffs are not happening for them . They look like they have given up the last two games and have got blown out .
However , that might have them motivated to not get embarrassed at home and give their fans all they can offer and come out on fire , and play loose . So either they are going to score 8 goals or give up 8 .

Or possibly even both.

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Yeah, regardless of what buffalo's past few games have looked like, they are a team who has the potential to blow the doors off any opponent on any given night - maybe boston being the exception to that hahaha.....

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not sure who is in net for the Sabres ( Uukkoooo Pecker Luiiikkkkkaaaan or Bonedust Anderson ) but both have been garbage lately. Anderson for some reason always plays like prime Brodeur when we play him though . So either we put up a dozen on them or their goalie will set a new modern NHL record for saves in a shutout.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if @Bleedred has any thoughts on the Sabres goaltending since February:

View attachment 675184
First of all, the decision to bring back Anderson was baffling, as he's been BAD for 5 years and is ancient. The only player in his 40's in the league this year. That's another symptom of both goalies are overrated and the current crisis with good goalie scarcity.

He started out the season fine, but was playing very sheltered and it was predictable that he wouldn't maintain .920%-something if they started to play him more. And here it is!

Comrie getting a 2 year deal is another symptom of the current crisis of good goalie scarcity. Comrie is 27 years old and has only stayed full time in the NHL for one year before this and it was in a very sheltered role as the sparsely used backup for Hellebuyck. He's been getting swapped around the waiver wire for years now, including by us once. But Winnipeg kept getting him back. I've been saying it for months now, but I see him as either being waived with the intention of keeping him in the AHL for next year or just buying out the final year of his deal. He stinks, even if he doesn't stink as much as he does this year. He overachieved vastly last season. Much like Anderson was this year in Buffalo before they started using him more.

Luukkonen just isn't any good IMO. He doesn't look that bad, but even his AHL career has been pretty BAD. Like Blackwood in the AHL BAD. This is likely why he didn't start the season on the NHL team. I think management had a funny feeling that he isn't good enough for full time NHL play or at least that he wasn't coming into this year, due to his poor AHL numbers.

He's the kind of goalie that could have a couple good years in the NHL, if not just here and there, but I don't think he ever becomes a long term NHL goalie. It probably won't be long before he's back in Europe for the remainder of his carer. But..... goalie scarcity crisis and all, so maybe he gets enough miles to have a good season or two (like Korpisalo this year) and it buys him several more years in the league than what he would have played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad