GDT: New Jersey Angels vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 7:00PM MSG+

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Damn. Sucks for Tampa. However, if Drouin wants to earn back the trust of TB fans, this is his golden opportunity. Not that he would propel them to a win, but if he plays like a maniac, you remember that.

Stopped watching tonight's game early in the 2nd. The troubling thing about this team is that it becomes pretty clear early on when they're not as mentally engaged as they should be. And they haven't had the emotional incentive to gut out those last minute wins anymore.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hey guys, looks like Schneider didn't miss a beat in net. Still miss that guy. Hopefully the Devils improve as a team soon and he can have several good years of playoff hockey with them. You've got some good prospects in the system and TONS of cap space and contract slots coming up so there's definitely potential there for a radical leap forward.

Cheers!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Hey guys, looks like Schneider didn't miss a beat in net. Still miss that guy. Hopefully the Devils improve as a team soon and he can have several good years of playoff hockey with them. You've got some good prospects in the system and TONS of cap space and contract slots coming up so there's definitely potential there for a radical leap forward.

Cheers!

Cory was good as always tonight and really like the only Devil who doesn't deserve to walk home after this horrible Florida road trip.

At least the Devils did better this season than last season, and there are promising young players coming up. We definitely hope that Shero can surround Cory with a strong, playoff caliber team soon.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Damn. Sucks for Tampa. However, if Drouin wants to earn back the trust of TB fans, this is his golden opportunity. Not that he would propel them to a win, but if he plays like a maniac, you remember that.

Stopped watching tonight's game early in the 2nd. The troubling thing about this team is that it becomes pretty clear early on when they're not as mentally engaged as they should be. And they haven't had the emotional incentive to gut out those last minute wins anymore.

part of me thinks that drouin doesn't care much for TB anymore. i think he's soured on yzerman

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is one of the few reasons I didn't want Cory back this season. Another trash game where he allows 2 goals (on 35 shots) and we score 1 goal. He's stuck on 26 wins too, it's like Marty stuck on 666 wins that season. **** that 26. Kinkaid can allow 4 goals and we'll score 5, but we can't win for Cory an embarrassing number of times when he only allows 2 goals and sometimes lose when he allows 1? He might even finish the season at 500 or under in wins and losses. Even Wedgewood having a .957 save percentage and a GAA of 1.25 but having a 2-1-1 record is embarrassing. Wedgewood should have been at least 3-0-1 or 3-1-0 at worst with those personal numbers.

And we can't go status quo next year with guys like Josefson and Kalinin on the 3rd line, giving them hope and benefit of the doubt that they won't struggle to break the 15 point mark for Kalinin, and the 20 point mark for Josefson. That's by some divine miracle and fluke that Josefson stays healthy that many games to even achieve 20 points. It's just painful watching these guys try to score. Kalinin does a lot of good things, scoring is not one of them. Offense is literally his worst attribute. I don't want him playing any role that depends on him to score more than 15 points next year, and having more than 15 points on a 3rd line is prerequisite. I'd say 25-30 is a minimum.

We were decent at even strength tonight and probably would have kept it under 30 shots, if not for being on the PK for 60% of the 3rd period. Schlemko is such a ****ing upgrade over the two minor league schleps in Helgesofsky that we were dressing. Hopefully this doesn't cause them to get back in the lineup, we weren't nearly as pinned in at even strength tonight as past games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tampa is ****ed. To many key injuries late in the game. East is the Caps to lose.

As for the Angels...ya everyone is in their golf gear already.

I think Tampa can probably still beat Boston, if Boston squeaks in. Even without Stamkos. Boston has been on a slide recently, and I never thought much of them heading into the season anyway.

I'd like to say they could beat Detroit too, but Detroit did almost beat them last year. They had to come back from down 3-2 in the series and beat them in games 6 and 7. Aside from that though, I don't think they're a threat like last year. Not with Stamkos out. They could win a round though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Tampa can probably still beat Boston, if Boston squeaks in. Even without Stamkos. Boston has been on a slide recently, and I never thought much of them heading into the season anyway.

I'd like to say they could beat Detroit too, but Detroit did almost beat them last year. They had to come back from down 3-2 in the series and beat them in games 6 and 7. Aside from that though, I don't think they're a threat like last year. Not with Stamkos out. They could win a round though.

No Stammer or Hedman. Why I think they are ****ed.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Eddy meant Stralman.

That's right, I forgot about him.

Yeah Stralman was supposed to be out the entire playoffs I think. Looks like Stamkos might be too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad