Rumor: New Head of Hockey Operations for the Flames?

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
so now he is in Roger Millions territory. Good for him?

Common man, lighten up a bit. I've not seen you get this worked up over a rumor before? What Flames news has this guy been wrong about in the past? I'm not familiar?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Common man, lighten up a bit. I've not seen you get this worked up over a rumor before? What Flames news has this guy been wrong about in the past? I'm not familiar?
I have never seen him right.

I am also not worked up, just think he is an imbecile. I don't recall him being right about anything in the past.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I have never seen him right.

I am also not worked up, just think he is an imbecile. I don't recall him being right about anything in the past.

Well, it seems like he has nailed this potential front office change well before anyone else. That's gotta boost his "imbecile" status in your eyes? No?

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Shanaban will be good as he knows what it takes to win, whether it's a cheap shot or a goal ;)

Murray Edwards knows he screwed up when he couldn't get John Davidson when there was a chance. Now Shanny is interested I don't see why not especially if we can get Ken King to JUST focus on the new arena deal.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
18 minutes ago
@TSNJFranklin: I have been in contact with the #Flames organization and they are staying silent about their recent meeting... Not surprising at all.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well, it seems like he has nailed this potential front office change well before anyone else. That's gotta boost his "imbecile" status in your eyes? No?
People saw Shanahan in town meeting with Flames brass. Add in JD rumors from the offseason and voila. Not exactly hard to come up with this hypothesis.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Healy and Friedman on the Hotstove confirming Shanahan met with the Flames.

Friedman also stated the Flames offered all three of their picks to Colorado for the first overall but were rebuffed.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
bruce dowbiggin ‏@dowbboy 11s Look for announce. after the Final. Huge risk for flickering Flames after meltdowns past 4-5 years. Fate of Feaster/ Hartley now an issue.

Trae

Calgary
If we had the first overall, do we go for Jones or go for MacKinnon?

As a mod, is this not considered taking the thread in the wrong direction? Not trying to be a dick, legitimately just wondering lol

MacKinnon btw

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
As a mod, is this not considered taking the thread in the wrong direction? Not trying to be a dick, legitimately just wondering lol

MacKinnon btw

You'll learn quickly that mods abuse their power with hopes of taking over the world by directing all thoughts into topics less critical to the authority figures.

You asked the wrong question really. You should've asked why I took this thread into that direction?

:naughty:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I challenge MarkGio's wisdom! It's all a lie. He is a fake!

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

6packlad.jpg

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
bruce dowbiggin ‏@dowbboy 11s Look for announce. after the Final. Huge risk for flickering Flames after meltdowns past 4-5 years. Fate of Feaster/ Hartley now an issue.

Now he's just trying to stir the pot. Is he trying to say that Shanahan is a poor move?

abracanada

Aug 29, 2004
For all those folks fantasizing about Feaster's demise, I doubt that very much. When does a team leave a lame duck GM as the teams spokesman just before they fire him? He is calling for meetings with the press. He is the voice of the Flames. What's more, what team in there right mind would let a man they were planning to fire, offer three first round picks in a trade? I would say these two facts alone demonstrate that the organization still stand behind Feaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad