New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

IMG_3812.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ottawa still a joke franchise.

5 year deal for Korpisalo and 4 year deal for Travis Green to be head coach in back to back years.

By two different GM’s and two different owners.

Reactions: Alex NJD

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Eh, if the team doesn’t do well then Fitz will feel heat no matter the coach.

I don’t see how Berube is a safer choice, I think Keefe is most likely a better coach.
Yeah I get that but I think from Fitz’ perspective Keefe is the higher risk option.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank god Ottawa are still poorly run even with the new regime.

Cheap hire as well.

Even though they’re probably still paying Green something stupid high.

Reactions: HughesCorporation

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
At this point, if Berube was the #1 he would've been hired. LeBrun's tweet this morning saying another 7-10 days and hours later reports of a new name doesn't bode too well for him.

I think Sullivan is Fitz's #1 and if not him then one of Woodcroft or Berube will be the guy. If it's the latter, it's going to come down to their interviews.

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
Just curious what do we see in Woodcroft that makes him a good fit? I feel like I prefer Berube but that’s all gut instincts and my desire to see some of the guys get kicked in the ass.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I wouldn't hate Keefe. I think Evason would be a good choice. No interest in Sullivan and pretty meh on Woodcroft. Negative interest in Berube

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Four teams are without a coach: the Devils, San Jose Sharks, Seattle Kraken and Winnipeg Jets. Jim Hiller (Los Angeles Kings) is an interim coach.

I might be biased but, the devils are probably the most attractive option for these coaches. We just need a good coach and we're right back in the playoff runs. "Highest potential" as they say.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Just curious what do we see in Woodcroft that makes him a good fit? I feel like I prefer Berube but that’s all gut instincts and my desire to see some of the guys get kicked in the ass.

The Oilers haven't changed anything in the way they play systemically but just got saves from Skinner. They also had really good results with Woodcroft in the past. He's legit the best hire if they don't get Sullivan or Rod which we assume they won't

Reactions: Nubmer6

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I wouldn't hate Keefe. I think Evason would be a good choice. No interest in Sullivan and pretty meh on Woodcroft. Negative interest in Berube
I'd lose faith if we went with Keefe. He seems to have zero answers in the playoffs. He'd probably be fine during the regular season with a healthy Devils roster and goaltending that doesn't suck, but I have a feeling we'd end up where Toronto is in 3-4 years wondering why we can't get past the first round. Which I guess would be an improvement in that we'd be making the playoffs consistently but Keefe just doesn't strike me as a winner. I could be wrong of course. He's only coached one team in the NHL, so maybe he'd be great with our team.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
if i remember correctly, and i probably don’t, he ran a pretty tight defensive structure. And basically got f***ed by his goalie, whose name i can’t remember.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I'd lose faith if we went with Keefe. He seems to have zero answers in the playoffs. He'd probably be fine during the regular season with a healthy Devils roster and goaltending that doesn't suck, but I have a feeling we'd end up where Toronto is in 3-4 years wondering why we can't get past the first round. Which I guess would be an improvement in that we'd be making the playoffs consistently but Keefe just doesn't strike me as a winner. I could be wrong of course. He's only coached one team in the NHL, so maybe he'd be great with our team.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't hate it either. Keefe has had success at lower levels and if you discredit that then well, how would you choose anyone? lol Coaches with multiple championships at nhl level with multiple different teams aren't exactly common.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
if i remember correctly, and i probably don’t, he ran a pretty tight defensive structure. And basically got f***ed by his goalie, whose name i can’t remember.

The Oilers games I watched under him were pretty terrible defensively. Goaltending was also pretty suspect but it's not like we have a good goalie here either.

Speaking of Woodcroft and thinking of Sullivan. My #1 fear with Sullivan is his ties with Fitz but also the fact that he had a generation player. Then you have Woodcroft who also had a generational player but couldn't win anything, makes me meh on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad