New Green Day Album "Revolution Radio" October 7

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Somehow scored tickets to see them at Webster Hall on the 8th. My 2 friends just saw Metallica there and said it was the best show of their lives.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Saw them Monday night in Columbus. Due to illness and some delays, I believe that was the first stop on the tour. Great show. 2 hours. High energy. Great, small venue. Opened with 2 new songs, set list heavy on early stuff (5-6 songs off Dookie plus 2000 Light Years and Christie Road) with a sizable dose of American Idiot too.
Seen them twice in arena shows. Much better in a rock club type venue.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Giving it a live listen in Spotify

Somewhere now: some decent parts but mostly meh. Ends better than it starts I suppose

Bang Bang: I've warmed up to this one with it being on the radio but in the sense that I'm okay with Know Your Enemy. I don't love it but I don't hate it. I suppose this one could be fun live.

Revolution Radio: think I already commented on this but it sounds like you could shove it into the middle of American Idiot and no one would mind. But I think it would be filler on AI. It just has that sound. I guess that's all right. It's not something I'd go out of my way to listen to but it's not bad.

Say Goodbye: I don't know what to think about this. Kinda meh. Feels like filler. But something that I might be able to get into on re-listens.

Outlaws: I like this one. Feels different. Nice balance of soft and loud melodies.

Bouncing Off the Wall: I guess a decent energy pick up after Outlaws but there's nothing really remarkable about it. Filler imo

Still Breathing: intro feels like a totally different band. Kind of threw me off. I like this one. It's a simple enough song but I never expect too much complexity from Green Day. I think this one may just become my favorite off the album.

Youngblood: extraordinary girl but not as good. Maybe I'll turn around and like this one. It's an all right song but for now, forgettable. Outlaws, Still Breathing, and Bang Bang seem to be the standouts so far.

Too Dumb to Die: another song that feels like it's from American Idiot in sound but it's more personal in nature. But another one that I don't think I'll go out of my way to listen to again.

Troubled Times: I kinda like this one. And even though I wasn't cool with the idea of Green Day doing a third political rock opera, to this point it's been somewhat light on the politics. And this doesn't feel preachy, just an honest look at the state of this nation. We are indeed living in troubled times and the music here effectively captures that mood. I'd revist this one.

Forever now: unremarkable. Sounds like a 21st Century Breakdown B-Side. Actually sounds like the song in question but not as good and Im not a fan of the 21stcb track

Ordinary world: a sweet acoustic song thats a nice end to the album but it's somewhat forgettable. At least forever now wasn't the final track.

In sum there's some decent tracks here. I wouldve preferred if this was the album that followed American Idiot because then you could call it more of a spiritual successor to AI but instead it feels like much of this is American Idiot nostalgia. I appreciate it that it wasn't as politically preachy as 21cb, but that album had a few more memorable tracks. The filler here is better than the filler on Uno! Dos! Tre! But I still believe you could make a 17 song album of decent to good songs from that album trio where there's really only 5 decent to good tracks here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5