New Green Day Album "Revolution Radio" October 7

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I like the new song but it's getting absolutely zero coverage. Maybe they've worn out their welcome or maybe they got buried by the Metallica news.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Last Green Day record I listened to was "Uno", which, aside from "Oh Love" was very meh to me. We're "Dos" and "Tre" any good?

HeyOldMan

May 26, 2006
Georgia
Last Green Day record I listened to was "Uno", which, aside from "Oh Love" was very meh to me. We're "Dos" and "Tre" any good?

There were some decent tracks. The problem with the trilogy is there was just so much filler. There's about an album worth of good stuff across the three if you can trudge through it.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
There were some decent tracks. The problem with the trilogy is there was just so much filler. There's about an album worth of good stuff across the three if you can trudge through it.

They did that on purpose to fulfill a record # requirement.

I'm hoping this album has a bit more heart in it.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
It's OK. Sounds similar to their normal sound, but I found myself getting bored really quickly for some reason. I think the last Green Day album I actually enjoyed was Warning or American Idiot. Haven't paid much attention to them since.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'll always find something to like about a Green Day album just because they've been my favorite band since 2nd grade. (Uno, Dos, Tres was meh)

I do like this song though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Green Day is the band that turned me to rock, but I'm not crazy about this new track. I've given it 5 tries and I just can't get into it.

Also apparently this is gonna be another political album so I'm worried it'll just be a 21st century breakdown redo.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I really like this new tune actually, so I'll give this album a shot. The trilogy was decent. I couldn't stand 21st Century Breakdown though. I hope this is album is a bit of a return to form for them (although i don't know what that would look like at this point... just don't be like 21st century).

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
A lot of people I know who are Green Day fans love the old stuff, but they didn't like American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. I got into them when Dookie came out, and I love the old hits, but American Idiot was my favourite from start to finish. I enjoy every song in that record, which is not something I can say about their previous records. I enjoy a number of songs on 21st CB, but my question for you guys who didn't enjoy those 2 albums is did you not enjoy them because of the political element especially in AI, or was it just the songs? Perhaps a bit of both?

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I remember making a mix cd of around 13 tracks from Uno/Dos/Tre which came together perfectly. Of course I don't remember the songs and know clue where it is now. X-Kid was a decent tune.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I've listened to the song many times in the last couple of days. It reminds me a lot of St. Jimmy from the American Idiot album.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meh

Was fan when I was younger but really think Warning was last quality album (American Idiot wasn't bad ,, I just wasn't into it outside of a few songs)

Since then its been mostly garbage from GD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad