Post-Game Talk: New goalie, new year, same suckiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
i was going to type something out explaining our terrible d structure and how hard it is to track the puck as a goalie when they don’t cover the right man or make the smart/predictable play but whatever. you’re right, we just happen to only have the worst goalies ever on our team and it’s definitely not a structure/coaching thing

nah man the Devils just have the worst system to ever exist in hockey. No other teams ever give up high % scoring chances, ever.

Reactions: Dialamo

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I'm coming here with 9 goals allowed on 44 shots this year.

Please explain that away.
Because save percentage is not just a product of the goalie themselves? The situations and quality of shots also impact it?

Listen to our broadcasters pumping up Ndelkovic who struggled last season. LMAO magically other teams acquire these mediocre goalies and they suddenly can make 37 saves in a game. Just a crazy coincidence.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Because save percentage is not just a product of the goalie themselves? The situations and quality of shots also impact it?

Listen to our broadcasters pumping up Ndelkovic who struggled last season. LMAO magically other teams acquire these mediocre goalies and they suddenly can make 37 saves in a game. Just a crazy coincidence.

Nah it makes more sense that the Devils just employ the worst system in the history of hockey. No other team, in NHL history, gives up high % chances. Only the Devils do.

I'm sick of this shit. Every single above average chance (and some below average chances) ends up in the net. I dont care what system you run, you will never, ever win inthe NHL like that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Having to fire Ruff mid-season might have been the most predictable and safest bet of the offseason. It made no sense to even bring him back with how the odds looked.

The only part that isn't safe is trying to pinpoint when it will actually happen.

He's always been the safest bet to be the first head coach fired this year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
1665884534953.png

• Wow
Reactions: mdj12784

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Marino has been a very pleasant surprise.
Dougie looks like he's back.
Palat and Haula are good posession players if not needle movers.
Siegs looks dependable.
Honestly, if they could just get "good" play from Smith, another forward, and a goaltender, I think this is going to be ok.

If only the NHL gave points for pretty setups and awesome seam passes...The Devils would be the best team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
nah man the Devils just have the worst system to ever exist in hockey. No other teams ever give up high % scoring chances, ever.
LOL two of those garbage goals weren’t even high quality chances…that’s where the it’s all the D crowd and the system loses me. The D and the system has nothing to do with junk like goals #2 and 5!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
small silver lining with the vanecek loss….the thread wont be bombarded with videos of virgins with small penises driving cars like complete morons

...and before anyone says anything... get back to me when that crap happens on the street you live on. yeah

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Jack is the most skilled player on the ice and is a bit snake-bitten right now but he needs to start shooting like he was last year instead of making cute passes and trying to walk in and deke every time.

Nico wasn’t good but he gets a pass, Bratt wasn’t at his best, Mercer and Tatar were just bad. Need more from Palat. Sharangovich and Holtz weren’t good but they didn’t get put in the best spot coming in. Haula, Zetterlund and Wood were fine.

D group doesn’t look mobile enough and needs to start making plays in all 3 zones instead of just throwing it places. Severson had a bad game. Smith and Graves are terrible.

RUFF NEEDS TO GO!

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad