New Goal Song

lobsters

May 3, 2010
the interwebs
Just read news that Gary Glitter, the singer of Rock & Roll, Pt 2, which is the Sharks and several other teams goal song has been charged with sexual offenses involving teenage girls in the late 70's, early 80's.

Could we see the NHL and it's teams ban the use of this song? If so, what song should be the Sharks next goal song?

gary glitter's controversy has been around since 1997. i doubt that another conviction on the man will change anything.

for the record, i like the clip as a goal song and don't think it needs to be changed.

but then again, i still like michael jackson and the mamas & the papas

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Sharks absolutely need a new goal song...what we have is SO lame/dated.

Need a troll song like the hawks/ducks/kings have. Other teams need to hate hearing it everytime it comes on.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
I hate all the push button computer generated songs. They sound like SNES video game music.

Uh, what? Theres plenty of music that would rock face. Heres a few.

However, if we wanted to troll hard then we need ultimate trolling songs.

For an OT winner

For a Pavelski OT winner

Last edited:

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
This could end up being appropriate for our classic "cut it down to a 1-goal deficit with 1 minute left on a pp goal"

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
gary glitter's controversy has been around since 1997. i doubt that another conviction on the man will change anything.

for the record, i like the clip as a goal song and don't think it needs to be changed.

but then again, i still like michael jackson and the mamas & the papas

So should we use Thriller or Smooth Criminal as our new goal song? :sarcasm:

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Gotta go with One Direction since they wore Sharks jerseys at a concert. Obviously was meant to be.:sarcasm:

The way that you score goals gets me overwhelmed.:laugh:

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
A new goal song has been badly needed for years. The Green Day song was last played during the 2006-07 season and they have been doing the synth R&R part 2 ever since. Please change Sharks, I like how Tampa Bay does it, they have goal specific songs for each different player that scores.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I still have my "HEY! WE WANT OUR GOAL SONG BACK" t-shirt hanging up in the closet. Do I need to make a few appearances at SAP next season (if they change it, I mean)? :laugh:

(That one year we had the Green Day song, I wore it several times to games as I was an STH. Each time I wore it, got complimented and people asked where I got it because they wanted one too).

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Sharks absolutely need a new goal song...what we have is SO lame/dated.

Need a troll song like the hawks/ducks/kings have. Other teams need to hate hearing it everytime it comes on.

A troll song to me would mean one that we'd hate too if it weren't our goal song. "Who let the dogs out" comes to mind. No better trolling than with the Baha Men. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad