New Flames Alternate Confirmed

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Sorry if this has been posted already, I half-assed searched your guys forums and google for anything remotely like this and came up empty. But I thought I might let you know that EA Sports (of all people) confirmed the Flames are getting new alternate jerseys.

From this thread: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9696878.page

"We will post the code here when it is revealed.

The code can't be posted until all the teams have unveiled their jerseys. As of right now we are waiting on the Calgary Flames to reveal their alternate jersey.

For the teams that have already revealed the jersey but are locked, they were not revealed in time for EA to put them in the game and they are bound by contract to lock them until the code is released."

Once again, sorry if this was already posted somewhere. I can't wait to see what they look like though, their current alternates are awesome.

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary
The drawn-by-a-14-year-old-to-win-a-stupid-Sun-contest horse head is pathetic. The Flames rejected Todd McFarlane's offer to draw a new logo for the horse head abomination.

The horse head is the worst major league logo in hockey. ****ing young guns era should be permenently forgotten.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The drawn-by-a-14-year-old-to-win-a-stupid-Sun-contest horse head is pathetic. The Flames rejected Todd McFarlane's offer to draw a new logo for the horse head abomination.

The horse head is the worst major league logo in hockey. ****ing young guns era should be permenently forgotten.

191px-Calgary_Flames_horse_head_logo.svg.png

BASK IN THE GLORY OF THE HORSEHEAD

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary
Wait... Tood McFarlane offered to do our logo?

And we said NO??

Yes, I recall hearing he offered a re-do around the time he owned part of the coil and had did their "gear" logo. IIRC, the Flames turned down the Calgarian, as he was involved with the greasers.

I can only imagine what a real artist could do with the concept of flames/fire etc.
Le Sigh.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
The horsehead wasn't so bad. It was a Stampede-based and had to be simple enough to put on a jersey.
Plus it got the community involved.

Is someone mad their picture wasn't selected?

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
The horsehead wasn't so bad. It was a Stampede-based and had to be simple enough to put on a jersey.

You can do a hell of a lot better with "fire" and the Stampede than THAT. You could even make a really cool logo of a flaming horse. But the Horsehead is not it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I say we go with a yellow front, red back, black numbers piping that leads to nowhere with the word Calgary in a simple font under the front collar

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Horsehead jerseys are among the flames best.

The logo is alright, but the black jerseys were drool worthy.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Watch it be something completely ridiculous. Like the Calgary Tower or something.

algernon

Mar 19, 2006
Calgary

Haha was it your drawing? I still remember the pencil crayon creation on the cover of the Sun when they announced the winner. Absolute amateur hour (but alright, I guess, for a 14 year old kid).

We're the Flames so strapped that they couldn't scratch up a hundred k to have a pro design the professional hockey team's crest? Imagine how much money they squandered by not having a competent team design it! Further, think how much cake they would have been eating had they taken McFarlane up on his offer.

They made up for things a bit with the '89 thirds, though.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Haha was it your drawing? I still remember the pencil crayon creation on the cover of the Sun when they announced the winner. Absolute amateur hour (but alright, I guess, for a 14 year old kid).

We're the Flames so strapped that they couldn't scratch up a hundred k to have a pro design the professional hockey team's crest? Imagine how much money they squandered by not having a competent team design it! Further, think how much cake they would have been eating had they taken McFarlane up on his offer.

They made up for things a bit with the '89 thirds, though.

No Jersey is a detailed, shadowed drawing that could make an art gallery, they're simple enough for mass production and stitching onto sports jerseys that allow an athlete to breathe. Look at the Jets, whos Jersey was hyped and highly anticipated, when really, it was just a Jet in a blue circle.

The most complicated logo I can think of is the Penguins. A lot of logos are moving more simple designs, such as Dallas or when Vancouver stopped using that weird circle with lines going across. So.what would 100K really offer? Besides, I bet it cost a lot to put that community-involved program together and gave the organization lots of ideas. Why hate on that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad