New Fan Primer

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Hey everyone, my son is 8yo and decided he likes the newest NHL franchise, the Seattle Kraken.

Obviously the franchise itself has limited history, but I was wondering if anyone could share links or stories about the “history” of the players and coaching staff/management.

Or fun facts and such. Like how Jamie Oleksiak has a sister who is the most-medaled athlete in Canadian history.

Sorry if something like this was already done and I missed it!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hey everyone, my son is 8yo and decided he likes the newest NHL franchise, the Seattle Kraken.

Obviously the franchise itself has limited history, but I was wondering if anyone could share links or stories about the “history” of the players and coaching staff/management.

Or fun facts and such. Like how Jamie Oleksiak has a sister who is the most-medaled athlete in Canadian history.

Sorry if something like this was already done and I missed it!

Matthew Beniers, the first ever draft pick by Seattle, is a pre-med student and theater kid.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Seattle Kraken GM Ron Francis was once a player with the Hartford Whalers(Carolina Hurricanes)! He was drafted as an 18 year kid from Sault Ste Marie,Ontario,Canada and turned pro. Had a long and distinguished career and won Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1991 and 1992! Ron Francis is in the HHF(Hockey Hall Of Fame) PS Ron Francis also sits second ALL-time to Wayne Gretzky in Assists in NHL history

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad