New Equipment Help

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
hey guys any help you can give me would be great.. i'm searching for a new pair of skates and a new pair of pants.. i know it's close out time for most sites and the prices are pretty low.. so what i'm hoping for is some recommendations on what item to purchase as for skates.. i'm totally confused.. i've had grafs for the past 10 years and love them but idk if i want to stay w/. them or go w/. the vectors or vapors.. opinions, prices would be greatly appreciated..

KINGS FAN77

Mar 1, 2007
Granada Hills
I just bought Mission S400s, I swore I would never buy Missions but these skates are great. The breaking in period was so quick. I got them on clearence (only becouse they were 2006 model) from www.hockeygiant.com . Just make sure of the sizing if you are going to buy any Mission skates becouse the guy told me Missions are a little different from other skates. I payed $170 for them.

Last edited:

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
I have Vapor XXX, and they're the best skates I ever owned. I wouldn't go with anything else. honestly

ridiculously light
very comfortable...I have wide feet and it isn't a problem.
although the boot is very stiff, low break in periode.

as for the price, the XXX have gotten down a bit since the Vapor XXXX started coming out...around here anyways. (canada)
but they're still a bit high in price range.
depends on what you want, but for skates I recommend you don't consider price. go with what feels right for your feet.

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
I like CCM Vectors, but that's just me, how much do you want to spend.

price does'nt matter much.. aslong as they're comfortable and last i don't mind price..

I have Vapor XXX, and they're the best skates I ever owned. I wouldn't go with anything else. honestly

ridiculously light
very comfortable...I have wide feet and it isn't a problem.
although the boot is very stiff, low break in periode.

as for the price, the XXX have gotten down a bit since the Vapor XXXX started coming out...around here anyways. (canada)
but they're still a bit high in price range.
depends on what you want, but for skates I recommend you don't consider price. go with what feels right for your feet.

i was actually thinking about the vapor XXX, a friend of mine also highly recommended them.. prices have dropped since the XXXX came out.. i'm in the states. but i always order equipment online, how do they run sizing wise.?

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I see that most people (including myself) wear CCM Pants
Skates go with whatever brand you like, some people CCM, some like RBK (which is the same), some like Bauer, some who have good money like Graf, so with what you like.

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
price does'nt matter much.. aslong as they're comfortable and last i don't mind price..

i was actually thinking about the vapor XXX, a friend of mine also highly recommended them.. prices have dropped since the XXXX came out.. i'm in the states. but i always order equipment online, how do they run sizing wise.?

I wear size 8 EE. I might be wrong, but I think double E are the widest???

as for pants, I wear CCM Tacks 692. of all the pants I tried on, they felt most comfotable. and I like the zippers in the inside of the legs. I play with the zippers up. legs are looser and I get a cool air "draft" hahaha

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Some skates are wider thank others, for example in an easton you might be a D width but in vector a EE might not be big enough. Go with a skate that fits your foot. I'd take a look at eastons, and maybe RBKs... everything else you are certainly a wide width.

As far as CCM pants go, anything at or above the 692 are going to be protective but bulky. If I had my choice of any pants I'd pick tacklas. I have 692s(the higher the level of CCM pant the bulkier they are) and if they needed replacing I definitely wouldn't be getting a new pair. Don't get me wrong, they are horrible but they leave something to be desired, they are slightly restrictive and a bit too bulky in the front(which adds to the restrictive-ness).

The mission M-1 pants are probably the best bang for your buck pants, they're pretty cheap right now and they are plenty protective.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
A skate that is comfy for one isn't gonna be the same for another. Go try some on.

Pants, I'm semi in the same boat as most ppl here. They mention CCM pants, and I bought some Itechs and they are very similar IMO to the Tacks. I like 'em, but they are a tad bulky. I was thinking Rbk pants, but wasn't sure if I wanted the tighter fit. Missions were my other choice, and the L-series has the adjustable length which might or might not come in handy for you.

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
as of now i'm looking at vapor xxx skates and rbk 8k pants but i'm hearing they are bulky.. i was told by a friend that the ccm 492 are pretty good and are'nt too bulky.. i just want something that has a nice bit of padding in the lower back area..

i'm leaning towards the vapors but i'm starting to lean back towards the grafs.. i'm just curious are the new grafs as heavy as the older ones..? to me the pair i have i feel like they are fairly heavy..

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
well i got my stuff all ordered, thanks for the help guys..

i got graf 703 supras, ccm 692 pants along with a tinted half visor for 380 w/. a 10% off coupon on top of the sale prices.. i'm rather pleased with that.. thanks again guys..

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
glad you didn't get the 492, my friend has them and they don't have enough butt protection. My friend complains about them everytime he gets dumped on his a$$.

yeah i need the extra protection on my lower back area.. the pants i have now have zero back there so anything to the back hurts like hell..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad