New Division, who do you hate the most?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Apart from Burrows, I don't really hate anyone on the Canucks yet.

I've always wanted to hate San Jose more than I've actually ever been able to. Even harder to hate now that Murray is gone. Maybe Torres will turn me into a hater. He's good at that (as much as I like him now, that WILL change haha).

Calgary sucks. No reason to hate...yet.

I hate Edmonton's shameless tanking. No, players don't tank, but they should have fired EVERYONE in the ENTIRE front office years ago. The fact that nobody really had to pay the price for that inexcusable mismanagement leads me to believe that it had the blessing of the franchise and even the fanbase. That latter part really bothers me, too. I can't believe a hockey mad town was willing to tolerate such behavior. Again, I feel like too many actually supported it. As a result, I actually like all of the players (some I really like a lot) but I do hate the franchise. I hate the hell out of it.

I've hated the Ducks since our inaugural season. Now that they've got Perry and Getzlaf they're probably the easiest team in the entire NHL to hate. I hate them with a passion.

Obviously we all hate LA. That's fresh enough. Hate the Kings. We all do.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Canucks HFers are annoying to read, especially every single time they have to play a systems team like us. But I only really hate Burrows.

Don't hate the Sharks. And them having Torres now won't really change that. But that could very well change if he God forbid knocks out one of our guys, haha.

I just feel bad for Calgary. But they restocked their talent pipeline nicely with Monahan. Feaster will probably be soon out of the job.

Edmonton, such a cluster**** of an organization. Also think Hall is kinda a punk. But they now have Gordo and LaBarbera, so although I'll certainly be hoping LOL is in net everytime we play, can't really hate on them too much.

Hate the Ducks, always have ever since the early Yotes days. Love how our games are always pitched and heated - the two back-to-back OT home games last season were some great stuff.

And yeah, there's more than enough emnity among us all for the Kings. And that POS Brown, whom I want nothing more than Doan to steamroll everytime they're out on the ice together. Still love Kopitar and Quick, though.

Eh, I'll vote for the Kings too.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Voted San Jose.

Hate the Sharks. Always have. Hate Sillicon Valley / hippie San Francisco / California culture. Hate the color teal. Good God, I hate the color teal.

General contempt for all Canadian teams. Too many fans who think too highly of their players / teams. Too many "give me a Sunbelt superstar in exchange for 4 mediocre Oilers prospects" threads in forum 3. Northern (not just Canadian) fans already have CHL / NCAA hockey, but NHL is all we have here. Respect for the history, a little bit of love for the Habs, but F the rest of them.

LA sports fans are ground zero for Cali hate, but they rank a bit behind the Sharks because black > teal. Good God, I hate the color teal.

The Ducks are cool.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Eh, I'll vote for the Kings too.

It's close, but for me them getting Carcillo just made it a little easier to vote Kings. Never had a problem with the Oilers, tough to hate the Flames since they're such crap now + I met Iginla's father-in-law who used to live here once, Canucks - meh, Sharks - I went to a game there once (not vs PHX) and rather liked the atmosphere, Ducks suck - would be 2nd pick.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
The one thing I hate about the new Pacific is that Calgary is the only team that I can say will miss the playoffs without hesitation. I don't know if they're playoff caliber yet, but Edmonton is going to be very good one day.

Edit: Oh, missed the point of the topic. I hate Kings and the Ducks are a close second.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
For most of these teams I either hate them because of either what is inside the organization or outside the orgaization.

Vancouver and LA are the 2 teams I hate the most in the division and still a tough call on this one.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Can't stand the Kings.

I cant stand Getz and Perry but thats really the only thing I dislike about the current Ducks.

Edmonton may start to become very interesting. There were some nasty games last year with them and it seems like their younger players really know how to get under the skin of our vets. Could become an interesting rivalry, especially since we will be seeing them and their fans more often in the Valley.

SJ has never bothered me and those games are usually entertaining. Same goes for Vancouver, and despite their fans complaining about our system it seems like many support us as they are sort of the ******* of the Canadian teams.

I will most likely have no opinion on the Flames for a while.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The one thing I hate about the new Pacific is that Calgary is the only team that I can say will miss the playoffs without hesitation. I don't know if they're playoff caliber yet, but Edmonton is going to be very good one day.

I agree with this. But EDM playing the old Pacific teams more should hurt their chances, and hell may be the same with Vancouver. There are a lot of questions marks this year. I think L.A is, unfortunately, the only team I can confidently say will make the playoffs despite injuries. Vancouver has never had so many tough teams in their division and have had a coaching makeover. SJ is another year older. Ducks are always up and down. And EDM, despite all of their talent, is a losing culture and I have a suspicion that there is very little motivation and leadership in their locker room. It doesn't seem like they bounce back after losses well.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Edit: Oh, missed the point of the topic. I hate Kings and the Ducks are a close second.

That's alright considering I was thinking about making a poll for the whole Western Conference. Then I said **** it as only Winnipeg and Chicago would compete in terms for who we really hate the most. Plus Detroit in no longer in the same conference. :D

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Edmonton may start to become very interesting. There were some nasty games last year with them and it seems like their younger players really know how to get under the skin of our vets. Could become an interesting rivalry, especially since we will be seeing them and their fans more often in the Valley.

No doubt our games last year were pretty pitched. I think Edmonton will be better this year, but even with Gordon in tow, I think their forwards still be steamrolled by the Pacific's big centers. Plus their goaltending and blueline are still big question marks IMO.

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010
full circle

everyone hated LA when we were new, then dallas, it went to detroit and now back to LA

Feb 12, 2003
I probably answered the wrong. I answered the Kings as I feel like they are our biggest rival now. I personally don't hate the Kings that much but I do love the rivalry after playing in the Conference finals. I hope that we can match up against them again this year in the playoffs in a series that counts.

I don't really hate too many teams, so I don't think I can say I hate any team. The Ducks would be my 2nd best rivalry on the list of division opponents followed by the Sharks.

I guess the team I truly dislike the most of the bunch would be the Flames followed by the Oilers. The Flames just don't have anything for me to like specifically. The Oilers are in a similar boat, I'm just not that excited by them and kind of annoyed that they have had so many quality draft choices. I liked Gordon on the Coyotes but I won't be cheering for him on the Oilers. I'm glad LOL left the team and won't be cheering for him either.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I voted Kings.

Edmonton gets a special mention though, agreeing with the bolded bit in Pi's post here...

Edmonton, such a cluster**** of an organization. Also think Hall is kinda a punk. But they now have Gordo and LaBarbera, so although I'll certainly be hoping LOL is in net everytime we play, can't really hate on them too much.

I haven't got a problem with Calgary, but I hate their colors. So much.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
We naturally have to hate the Kings, and they naturally have to hate us. Living in the L.A. area, all of my friends that are Kings fans say that they consider the Coyotes more of a rival than they consider the Ducks. That's because we used to be, essentially, the same franchise. We were cell dwellers. We sucked together. We rose at the same time. Now we are strong, and will fight tooth and nail to be the best. That hate our captain, we hate their captain. They hate our goalie, we hate theirs (for different reasons, of course.)

I love it. I lost friends in California over it. We have a nemesis, and our first reallll rival. It's healthy.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
everyone hated LA when we were new, then dallas, it went to detroit and now back to LA

In between the hate for Detroit and LA was the hate for Chicago both on and off the ice during the 1st round match up, especially with the death threats Tyson Nash was getting on twitter.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
In between the hate for Detroit and LA was the hate for Chicago both on and off the ice during the 1st round match up, especially with the death threats Tyson Nash was getting on twitter.

I was training at an Air Force base during this and the Nashville series and couldn't follow them, what is this all about?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I was training at an Air Force base during this and the Nashville series and couldn't follow them, what is this all about?

The Torres hit that knocked out Hossa for the remainder of the series and resulted in Raffi's 25 game suspension. Nash asserted it was a clean hit and got a lot of hate for it.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
For me, I think it would be the oilers because it annoys me how they got the first overall so many times in a row. No way is that right.
Second would be the sharks. Bunch of underachievers and Thorton saying one time that his lack of production in the Olympics was cause he didn't have very good line mates when Doan was one of them. And I have an employee who cheers for the sharks who I am slowly trying to convert to a coyotes fan. I think he is starting to get it.

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010
We naturally have to hate the Kings, and they naturally have to hate us. Living in the L.A. area, all of my friends that are Kings fans say that they consider the Coyotes more of a rival than they consider the Ducks. That's because we used to be, essentially, the same franchise. We were cell dwellers. We sucked together. We rose at the same time. Now we are strong, and will fight tooth and nail to be the best. That hate our captain, we hate their captain. They hate our goalie, we hate theirs (for different reasons, of course.)

I love it. I lost friends in California over it. We have a nemesis, and our first reallll rival. It's healthy.

the road runners were their farm team IIRC so we have a long history with them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad