OT: New Designed Third Oiler Jersey with Logo?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Just wanted to know what people thought of a new designed logo for the oilers?

I'm all in for tradition and the oilers Logo but It would be nice to see a more modern design.

Would I would be the only one who wants to see it happen?

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Just wanted to know what people thought of a new designed logo for the oilers?

I'm all in for tradition and the oilers Logo but It would be nice to see a more modern design.

Would I would be the only one who wants to see it happen?

what is "modern" design at this point in time of design trends?

most of the time it's really era specific cornball takes on what "modern aesthetics" are suppose to be... and then end up looking like atrocious, dated nonsense in a few years. or are just cycled out for more merchandising like cheap trash.

iconic logos are something a lot of franchises will never have - ever. embrace the one you do have.

this is like someone going to a packers forum and being like "zzzzz... these colors and logo are so boring... the yankees too. zzzz."

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Isn't that ugly orange monstrosity they unveiled last year their third jersey? How many alternate jerseys do they need? Put me solidly in the no camp.

Changing the logo is an even worse idea. Embrace tradition.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
The Orange jersey is pretty ugly if you ask me. I'd just go back to our home and aways. If I could make one tweak I'd redo the coller. No interest in another jersey.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nah no need for a new logo. Just bring back these bad boys as a third

20140411_smyth6.jpg

Would like to see McDavid in one of these.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

20140411_smyth6.jpg

Yeah, never gonna happen. These jerseys, as nice as they are, are a symbol of the EIG era. They won't wear them again as long as Katz own the team.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

20140411_smyth6.jpg

I would love these as a first jersey
They look a lot better than the blue and orange in my opinion

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The Orange jersey is pretty ugly if you ask me. I'd just go back to our home and aways. If I could make one tweak I'd redo the coller. No interest in another jersey.

I like it but hate where the numbers are on the shoulders.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
The heritage classic was a golden opportunity to bring in a WHL design, I loved the road whites with the orange shoulder yokes.

But no, they're rehashing last year's orange ones.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Just what they need, another 3rd Jersey.

We've had less 3rd jerseys than pretty much every team in the league, and the ones we have done are just jerseys we've already worn. The only 3rd we've ever had that was actually a new design was the MacFarlane ones. There's lots of reasons to complain about the idea of a 3rd jersey, but "another 3rd jersey" isn't one of them.

To OP, I would probably be down with a new 3rd, provided Katz doesn't get any crazy ideas about them replacing our current homes and aways down the line, as the ones we have now are absolute perfection IMO. 3rd jerseys are usually pretty harmless, even when they are particularly bad.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
i love the current jerseys, and i would bring back the macfarlane third's. update it a bit, just wear it for a couple games a year, i think its silly not to.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I would love these as a first jersey
They look a lot better than the blue and orange in my opinion

Agree 100%. Those were without a doubt the best looking jerseys this team ever wore.
The Blue and Orange Jersey is not particularly attractive and the primary orange jersey is downright ugly..

Jephman

Jun 1, 2010
I would really love for them to try out a colour variant of their current jersey using the green and yellow à la Eskimos/Golden Bears.

hyperboy

Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton,AB,CA
i'd love to go back to the copper and blue instead of the ugly neon orange and blue ones we have now

i would be interested in a cool new design too though, i wish we could use the mcfarlane one but apparently the old owners kept the rights to it or something dumb like that

this would be a interesting logo redesign, not too drastic
RyanChristensen-EDM%2528home%2529.jpg

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
How about all black and still use orange. Black primary and throw in some orange.

Get crazy.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I really like the McFarlane 3rd. It shares a lot of characteristics with the jerseys that consistently are considered the best.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

20140411_smyth6.jpg

I really like those jerseys. Would love to see them bring them back.

Certainly not those fugly McFarlane ones.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
The McFarlane jersey is one of the best thirds of all time. A third jersey should look nothing like the normal jerseys. That jersey was beautiful, and I believe one of the most popular in the league.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I really like the McFarlane 3rd. It shares a lot of characteristics with the jerseys that consistently are considered the best.

I do too. I remember reading/seeing an interview with him where he said that he wanted to make sure the third jersey looked like a real hockey jersey.

This was back when there was a string of horrible thirds in the NHL. These three among the most notable offenders.

kingsBK95.JPG

a_display_image.png

MontrealCanadiens_display_image_crop_north.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad