New BMW pricing

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
girlfriend is really into the 2019 x1 AWD. I like the car but I’m against it for many reasons...but hey it’s her money.

I’ve never stepped foot on BMW property and their invoices online I’m finding are spotty and inconsistent. So i need input if you’ve got it

They quoted her 34,500 with sales tax and 600 in fees added on. A very quick search puts this invoice at 34,900 and another grand for destination for a total of roughly 35,900. BMW holdback at 5% sticker brings their cost to 33,900 and change. I did some rounding.

They wouldn’t budge a penny from their 34,500 number today, and let her walk, which at $600 profit surprises me. I figure they have some good room in there still. What am i missing? Do you really think they can do no better?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My advice is to visit a BMW forum and if they have a thread/section on pricing take a look around there. If they have a specific X1 forum all the better. It's what I did when I bought my Outback. I also noticed discounts on MSRP depended heavily on where you live. I think mine ranged anywhere from 5-15% off MSRP based on location.

I did that research, offered what I thought was a fair price off MSRP (10%) and did a deal.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ended up at 24 plus 10 for a trade, which really wasn’t supposed to get more than 8500 in my mind. Seems like the profit here will be in flipping the trade wholesale and whatever dealer fees they get out of her. Sounds like a win-win

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
If you can pit dealers against each other. I went back and forth for a couple of weeks with two and they wouldn't budge. Other issue is they are more willing if the car is on their lot which can be challenging with all their models - dealers typically don't have exactly what you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad