New Battlefield in the works

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I sure hope they learned some valuable lessons... Would be embarrassing if they followup with something on the same level as 2042

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Are you f***ing kidding me?

Focus on fixing the existing game you charged people $70 for, you assholes.

There shouldnt be a new BF until the current BF is in a good place. Do right by your customers, dummies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I thought they just delayed the Season 1 DLC for Battlefield 2042 so they had more time to work on it? This seems to go totally contrary to that. Not that I'm surprised. Sad to see what DICE has become.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
There's nothing wrong with starting your next game while you're still finishing or even fixing the current one. Most developers work on 2 or more games at a time. In this case, they're still keeping a team working on BF2042 while another works on the next BF.

What was probably a bad decision was to announce this while people were still upset over the state of BF2042. They could've maybe learned something from CDPR, of all developers. Notice that they announced their next Witcher a few weeks after their long-promised next-gen update for CP2077. I imagine that they've been working on the next Witcher for the last year, but knew better than to announce it before CP2077 was in better shape. They're not abandoning CP2077, though, since they're keeping a team working on its expansion DLC while another works on The Witcher. It's likely the same thing here.

I don't want to sound like I'm defending DICE, though. Making what seems like a bad decision to announce this now makes me question if they really learned many "valuable lessons."

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is this their last chance to revive the series? Or is it already dead for good

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Is this their last chance to revive the series? Or is it already dead for good

Once they prove they can no longer make decent new entries, they'll tap into nostalgia (I'm guessing remakes to the beloved ones like 1942, Vietnam, Bad Company 2, 3, and 4). The Portal mode in 2042 already showed a preview of what this will look like. Maybe they go Bad Company 3 as that hits the nostalgia while also allowing them more freedom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad