New Avatars for 2013/2014 Season

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
didn't see anything about new avatars for this year and as I'm in need of a new avatar does anybody have some good suggestions for an avatar or can make a few good ones.

Theme or not it would be nice to have a new avatar to celebrate the new season.

thanks

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Maybe playing cards? Not sure what that would represent though, I just think seeing Kings players as playing cards would be cool.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
What about something like these? Royal portraits:

KingAnzeXI_zps12fb531c.jpg
KingDustinXXIII_zps39b4cb95.jpg

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think we should go with the "Deal With It" theme that worked so well for the Canucks and their fans. LOL

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Well, both get used but I guess Tsar is more proper russian :nod:

As someone taking a Russian history class, I've only seen Tsar. So yeah you would be correct in saying it's the more proper spelling of it.

PS. If you want another title besides Tsar, go with Grand Prince. They were the different leaders of the regions in Russia really up until Alexander the Terrible. Plus Grand Prince sounds cooler to me at least. :)

And yes. I only am taking the class because all my favorite players are Russian. So what?!

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
If we do go with these, I'd like to make them more instantly recognizable as the Kings. Right now at a glance, they don't really show that. Any ideas? Maybe the logo somewhere in the corner or on the frame?

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
If we do go with these, I'd like to make them more instantly recognizable as the Kings. Right now at a glance, they don't really show that. Any ideas? Maybe the logo somewhere in the corner or on the frame?

first off thanks KK for doing these.

as far as suggestions maybe change the frame to King's colors or have the Kings logo placed on the top middle of the frame.

or maybe have a coat of arms with the players name, logo and maybe like their best skill like like sniper, grinder, playmaker etc.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.

Don't recall who's this was ... but this was floated out around here before ...

Richards-card.jpg

... something more like this with the players face overlaid atop the King instead ?

Thing with Playing cards though ... is EVERYONE a KING ? do some use their # ... 8 for Doughty, 10 for Richards etc., Who are the JOKERS in the Deck ? Sutter & Lombardi ?
also does it limit choice ? unless you do the 2 or 3 gif's image so people can individualize and customize who they want and such ... otherwise we get ten people using the same Kopitar King card ? I dunno just tossing ideas out, as usual :)

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I concur, love both themes, but slight lead to royal portrait. I'd definitely rock a williams one...or the trollface dwight king as joker :P Or hell, some tribute to Mitchell. Man, I love this team too much.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
What about a Game of Thrones and/or a "Get it Back" theme? You could also do something with "Winter is Here" or "Winter is Coming"

Edit: I am just throwing different ideas out, I am not asking anyone to make anything

Last edited:

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
What about a Game of Thrones and/or a "Get it Back" theme? You could also do something with "Winter is Here" or "Winter is Coming"

Edit: I am just throwing different ideas out, I am not asking anyone to make anything

I think Game of Thrones has been done, unfortunately by another team. Would make more sense for us to do it though if we decided to. "Get it back" could also be good, maybe it could be a Back to the Future theme or something like the sequel idea someone floated around last year (but maybe that's just for playoffs).

It'd be good to do something relevant to this regular season, like something about the new Pacific Divison or something about playing a full season again. Maybe we could joke about how last year's shortened season didn't count, so we're still reigning champions. Something like "Reigning Champs*". That might be better for the playoffs though should we make it again. (A funny image would be Chicago with a half sized Stanley Cup).

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
I think Game of Thrones has been done, unfortunately by another team. Would make more sense for us to do it though if we decided to. "Get it back" could also be good, maybe it could be a Back to the Future theme or something like the sequel idea someone floated around last year (but maybe that's just for playoffs).

It'd be good to do something relevant to this regular season, like something about the new Pacific Divison or something about playing a full season again. Maybe we could joke about how last year's shortened season didn't count, so we're still reigning champions. Something like "Reigning Champs*". That might be better for the playoffs though should we make it again. (A funny image would be Chicago with a half sized Stanley Cup).

being a kid of the 80s I'm all for a Back to the Future theme or maybe something like "Last Full Season Champion"

either way I'm excited for some new avatars

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
Dibs on Richards! I can also help with this project if necessary. I was involved in the playoff avatars a little. Love both themes btw!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad