Post-Game Talk: Never in doubt-Panthers cap successful road trip with epic 6-4 comeback win

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:panthers

J9xgbCW.jpg

NCr1I7u.jpg

CONFIRMED STARTER
3413.jpg

#72 Sergei Bobrovsky
1-2-1 .882SV% 3.87GAA

:devils
0PLnkaw.jpg

ZB6CbBu.jpg

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
2139.jpg

#35 Cory Schneider
0-2-0 .897SV% 3.33GAA

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I missed the mark on the Devils, I thought they'd be way better, but they are every bit deserving of their record. 31st in the NHL on the powerplay (0-15), yup, zro PP goals this year, 31st on the PK (50%), last in save %. There is absolutely nothing to indicate this game should be anything but an easy win, so of course, 5-1 loss incoming :laugh:

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Has anyone seen hubby, barky, tro, Connolly, vatrano? Someone tell them the game starts at 1pm and they have 60 ****ing minutes to be a hero.
There are some positives so far this year, Matheson has been a lot better lately and the goaltending looks great, and they've been competitive despite so many forwards being MIA. A win puts them at 6 points through 6 games, and though I'd have liked to see them with 8 points, with a tough schedule till this game I'll take it. But a loss could potentially spell the end in October again, with Avs and Preds on tap. Just need to escape October at .500

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just read GR's last article on the athletic:

Q had a quote saying you can expect the top line of Huby - Barky - Hoff to be the same next game.

Also look for a better start in the first. Before Saturday's game, we were being outscored in the first 5-0.

Had this in the last games thread, thought it's more relevant here.

With Q right now, who knows what the lines are next game. All you can really count on right now is the fourth line should be together.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
There are some positives so far this year, Matheson has been a lot better lately and the goaltending looks great, and they've been competitive despite so many forwards being MIA. A win puts them at 6 points through 6 games, and though I'd have liked to see them with 8 points, with a tough schedule till this game I'll take it. But a loss could potentially spell the end in October again, with Avs and Preds on tap. Just need to escape October at .500
December and January is a very favorable schedule, they just need to be close to a playoff spot at that time. Last October they were 2-5-3 they cannot repeat that.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I optimistic again. I had few major concerns coming into the season:

With S. Bobrovsky I was worried that he might have lost is competitive egde with this huge and probaly already last contract. but he seems in top shape so this won't be a thing. great.

Strahlman, was concerned that he might just have fallen completely off a cliff given his age and last season performance. He looks still solid and serviceable. Good to have him I must say.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This is going to be a tough game. The Devils were shutout in Boston so you know they’re unlikely to repeat that today, and they’re going to be absolutely desperate for a win in front of their home crowd. As much as I hate to admit this, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this was another OTL or even L.

Please prove me wrong, Panthers!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I called and got my NHL Center Ice back working after it didn't work on Saturday or Sunday.

Won't be able to watch the game live today, as I'll be at a Thanksgiving. But I'll have it recorded and watched it after.

It's a Thanksgiving miracle! :phew: :5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad