Proposal: Never heard of Larry Aurie?

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Sorry but not sorry to be making a thread again. I'll admit I'm only 23 and have been spoiled with the red wings. But let that stop there. I grew up with hockey since I can remember and with no other sport really. I've heard almost every name of players that were at least half decent that suited for the wings. I've never have heard of Larry Aurie. Not even a whisper of him , let alone he was a star of his era and with the wings with their very first Stanley Cups. Crazy. I had to put my dog down two weeks ago that I had for awhile and getting a new puppy within the month but was debating with a few names and it came down to Audie and Ryelee and it's a mix between the two so I'll honor him with my new dogs name! Is he the most never heard of superstar of the Detroit franchise?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
His name has come up in multiple threads since I've been lurking/posting on here. I feel like Aurie and the #6 are pretty well known to the HF Wings faithful.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's really embarrassing. I hope Chris Ilitch takes a different stance once his father is no longer around.

I don't see him taking down Tigers that are honored that aren't up to snuff. I mean does Willie Horton really fit with that group? Didn't seem to bother Ilitch one bit in terms of retiring him. He is never getting into the Hall of Fame. Any excuse they trot out about Aurie being actually taken down is hard to wrap your head around when they did that with the Tigers when they didn't have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad