Neutral fans: Is there a player you're rooting for winning the Stanley Cup this year?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I always cheer for franchises that haven't won before so if it wasn't my Canucks, Winnipeg or Nashville would be cool. Florida in distant 3rd place 'cause not as many people there would care.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
As a Sens fan I respect and admire what Austen Matthews has done - what a player and what a guy dealing with all the Toronto crap and still be amazing

But still not cheering for him to win the Cup, just do well and lose

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'd like to see McDavid win it but am still too petty and bitter about the dumpster fire Holland left behind in Detroit that I don't want him being part of the Cup win as GM.

It's unlikely but I wouldn't mind seeing Kopitar and Doughty lift the Cup again. Or see the Preds win.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Oh yeah coaches too. In that sense I wish all the best for Paul Maurice. He seems like he always have something interesting and not cliche-filled to say.
The Bruins are probably going to play the Panthers in the next round if they advance, otherwise if they get eliminated or Florida ousts them again I'll rout for them to win the east again. Lots of former Sabres plus Maurice, who coached the Whalers in the 90s for their last few years. I used to watch them all the time. He was about 28 years old and always chomping on gum looking ticked off back then :laugh:

Reactions: Summer Rose

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Rangers are my team but I also follow oilers,sharks, and bolts

Pavelski out, if he played for 28 of the other teams i could cheer for him.
Burns sort of out. Rangers current rival and likely RD2 opponent. I dont think I'll be that mad if the canes win because i think they have been a top 2 team the past 3-4 years.

Pick probably would be leafs. None of their big 4 have won the cup

I want to see Paul Maurice win one.

Man that would be something, never thought much of him as a coach back in the leafs or canes days

snag

Feb 22, 2014
There are people out there that are "west is best" or "as long as the cup stays in the west that just might root for McDavid even if they are Flames/Canucks fans. After 30 years maybe at this point they just want to see a Canadian team win it even if it were Edmonton

Nope. Don't want them celebrating either. Not after the years of shitting on each each other. The bandwagon is full.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
As a neutral fan, Im just enjoying the ride of the playoffs. This is exciting stuff to watch as an objective and neutral fan. Best series so far have been Vancouvers, Tampa/Flareda, Carolina/NYI

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad