Neutral fans: Is there a player you're rooting for winning the Stanley Cup this year?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Not neutral but if I was easily Brent Burns, pretty much no matter who he'd be playing for (with a couple exceptions). Never cared much for SJ but during those runs they had, I was rooting for him.

If the Canes are eliminated I think it'd be cool to see Dallas win for both Pavelski and Suter.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
McDavid, Draisatl, Matthews, Josi, Monahan, Hellebuyck, Pavelski, Bobrovski. I don't necessarily like all the teams they play for but definitely rooting for the player. Many people like to root against good players hoping they'll choke, but I think these guys have proven over a substantial period of time they are some of the best players in the world and deserve success.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
1713906402951.png

Kyle Connor cuz that's my dawg

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
McDavid, all-time great needs his cup. Added bonus it will be a Canadian team (which is not Toronto). Canadian drought is weird and not good for hockey in general to last any longer.

Reactions: Kerberos

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mostly just want the leafs to lose

But I suppose I am rooting for Mcdavid, hampus lindholm and Matt tkachuk

Most of us prob agree Mcdavid would be cool to see

Reactions: BB79

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
McDavid for starters. That would be a wild asterisk if he never wins one. It just wouldn't feel right. I'll add Burns to the list as well. Many think he's heading to the HHOF anyway, but a #1 D on a Cup winning team will ice it. Plus he's hard to dislike.

Overall, the city of Winnipeg. It is still a shame they lost the original Jets in 1996. Glad they came back, but they have been dogged by not filling up the arena this year and anyone living in Canada knows how rotten the standard of living is pretty much everywhere in our country, so we all know why Winnipeg is having trouble. But a nice Cup run would be gold for that city.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad