Online Series: Netflix: 1899 (From the creators of Dark)

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I’d say through the first episode, it’s living up to expectations. Entertaining while just raising lots of questions of wtf is going on… ultimately it will depend on what ends up being revealed

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
4 eps in, it definitely gets better. Not a perfect show by any means, but the mystery is making me want to keep going. The dubbing is the best i've seen btw, even if it not all dubbed. I barely even notice it most of the time and I am a HUGE critic of watching foreign shows with dubbing (Thought Dark was unwatchable, the dubbing was atrocious).

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Three episodes in. Great premise being stuck on a ship. Genuinely creepy and wonderful atmosphere. But the subplots are lame, uninteresting and dull. Whenever we are not with the captain and the doctor, the show suffers.

Reactions: tacogeoff

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It’s definitely a bit confusing(maybe more than a bit). Just finished it, ending is pretty crazy.

I enjoyed it.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I enjoyed it, didnt care for the twist they went for, which they started to reveal at the end of ep2 i believe. Much preferred when it was a mystery

They obviously left things unanswered but some things just didnt seem to make sense

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
I never binge shows fast, but I had just got through episodes 4 + 5. I was just starting to get really excited about the show with enough of the details coming together to create a picture of what was happening. I get the feeling that Season 1 of Dark wasn't world changing either without the context of the other seasons, so it really sucks they cancelled it.

I know that this is kind of Netflix's M.O., but this is the first time its really got a show I was in to. I'll probably torture myself and finish the season, even if all it does is make me want answers

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I never binge shows fast, but I had just got through episodes 4 + 5. I was just starting to get really excited about the show with enough of the details coming together to create a picture of what was happening. I get the feeling that Season 1 of Dark wasn't world changing either without the context of the other seasons, so it really sucks they cancelled it.

I know that this is kind of Netflix's M.O., but this is the first time its really got a show I was in to. I'll probably torture myself and finish the season, even if all it does is make me want answers

Dark was far superior to 1899, just as slow if not slower but way better. The Dark thread here were way more active and that is a sign of how more popular the show was

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Dark was far superior to 1899, just as slow if not slower but way better. The Dark thread here were way more active and that is a sign of how more popular the show was
Was that the case right when season 1 came out?

I sure wasn't there, so I don't know, but I find that hard to believe. At the time, wasn't it just some random show in German from creators no one had ever heard of? And over time, as the show built its lore and connected dots, it became popular?

I really don't know... I am making a lot of assumptions here

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Was that the case right when season 1 came out?

I sure wasn't there, so I don't know, but I find that hard to believe. At the time, wasn't it just some random show in German from creators no one had ever heard of? And over time, as the show built its lore and connected dots, it became popular?

I really don't know... I am making a lot of assumptions here

It became more popular after season 1, but the thread here was like 2 pages of discussion before season 2 came out, which is no Game of Thrones but compared to this thread where its half a page with part of discussing it being cancelled. Matches Dark being renewed and 1899 canaclled, as complicated as Dark became it wasnt as convoluted as 1899 was

Reactions: izlez

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I liked it, but everything is financially driven and I guess it was too weird for the masses.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I would have liked to see where they would go with Season 2/3 but the show still works as a one-off season.

The final episode/scene is open-ended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad