NESN ticker

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
The one good thing about the ticker is that they show Hockey East scores, even the women's games. During the last season or two, they would show measly stuff like Brown basketball but the college hockey scores were lacking.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The one good thing about the ticker is that they show Hockey East scores, even the women's games. During the last season or two, they would show measly stuff like Brown basketball but the college hockey scores were lacking.
The problem is they show measly stuff like hockey east scores during the game

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't understand why they don't just run the ticker when the game isn't going on. Intermission? sure! Commercial break? Sure! Stoppage in play? Sure. Just please take it down while the game is going on.

Reactions: sarge88

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
NBC Spots does not use it
Funny as hell when the play is along the boards and the ticker is blocking our view

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Nope, but as @Fenway has told us, since ESPN has one, NESN will have one too. They don't listen to the viewers.
Like I said in the other thread, the issue with this thinking from NESN, is that NESN is a regional, whereas ESPN is a national.

ESPN having scores to all games makes sense as they have an audience from all over. People watching NESN are local, and most likely don't care about the out of town scores all that much. If you do, check it on your phone, you'll see it quicker anyways.

If NESN is so keen on having the ticker there because of ad revenue, put real time stats on there instead of archaic scores.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Like I said in the other thread, the issue with this thinking from NESN, is that NESN is a regional, whereas ESPN is a national.

ESPN having scores to all games makes sense as they have an audience from all over. People watching NESN are local, and most likely don't care about the out of town scores all that much. If you do, check it on your phone, you'll see it quicker anyways.

If NESN is so keen on having the ticker there because of ad revenue, put real time stats on there instead of archaic scores.

NOBODY involved with Bruins telecasts wants the ticker EXCEPT Tom Werner

He is 'Mister Executive Producer' and that's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad