NESN NESN production launches app ( post 18)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yes this actually happened during Game 7

1652600531640.png

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
@Fenway

Why is the NESN picture complete dogshit compared to ESPN/TNT?

Watching Flames last night, even on regular cable, was crystal clear. NESN is consistently...I can't even really describe it. Like almost blurry or super downscaled or something.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
@Fenway

Why is the NESN picture complete dogshit compared to ESPN/TNT?

Watching Flames last night, even on regular cable, was crystal clear. NESN is consistently...I can't even really describe it. Like almost blurry or super downscaled or something.

Compression. They crush the picture to save on bandwidth.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why would that not apply to all channels then?

Ie ESPN, ABC, TNT and TBS have all looked very good for hockey this season, whereas NESN looks awful.
A lot depends on where you live as NESN sends out 5 different feeds

Metro Boston, Maine, Vermont, RI, West MA/CT

You can tell which feed you are getting by the weather segment.

When the picture leaves the venue it is perfect.....from there :dunno:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NESN like the Bruins desperately needs new management dedicated to upgrading the entire operation. However NESN like the Bruins is saddled with ownership that does not give a flying f*** about its audience, they know they are the only game in town for New Englanders that want to watch the Bruins & Sox.

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
So NESN waits for the Bruins to get ousted now they have baseball in 4K. Why not the Bruins and the playoffs f$&&@ them.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Their feed freezes on me randomly. Happened on Comcast and now Verizon.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN like the Bruins desperately needs new management dedicated to upgrading the entire operation. However NESN like the Bruins is saddled with ownership that does not give a flying f*** about its audience, they know they are the only game in town for New Englanders that want to watch the Bruins & Sox.
@BMC

I learned decades ago that ownership is never wrong :rolleyes:

Reactions: BMC

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.
NESN's audio sync was atrocious this year and last.

One thing in particular that drove me nuts was that there was a weird echo whenever the arena music/organ would play and also whenever the PA announcer would speak. For example, whenever the organ would play, you would hear the first note at a slightly lower volume off in the distance, then you would hear it again at normal volume about a half second later.

Also, what's with the main camera not being in sync with the other cameras? this is not just a NESN issue but has been happening on every network. You'll see a play happen on a low camera such as a pass, then they switch back to the main camera you'll see it again.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad