Confirmed with Link: Nemeth traded to Colorado

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
It's a start. I'm ok with it. Wanted a 3rd but whatever... I'll take it. Drafts are always scatter-shot approach for me.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
cool why not

guess a 4th is pretty decent for someone I wasn't expecting to get moved at all

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I think you can only retain on so many guys though is going to be one of the issues. To do it on Nemeth isn't an encouraging sign on the market...

He has been terrible, so glad we got anything. I would have stopped playing him months ago if I was in charge, worst D-man on the team this year for me, if we don't consider Biega and I really don't...

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I think you can only retain on so many guys though is going to be one of the issues. To do it on Nemeth isn't an encouraging sign on the market...

Ryan is off the table - injury.

Our best bets for trades that might need retaining at this point are:
Bernier.
Glendening.
Helm.
Staal.
Glendening might not need retention at his salary.

Maybe we take salary back in return instead of retention on one of these deals.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC

He has been terrible, so glad we got anything. I would have stopped playing him months ago if I was in charge, worst D-man on the team this year for me, if we don't consider Biega and I really don't...

Yeah that was my concern too. If we can retain on two more deals, I think that should be enough room to work with though. Glendening and Bernier are probably the most likely candidates. If not those guys then maybe Helm, Gagner, Staal, etc. for spare change.

Reactions: Leadzedder

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Will this make room for Cholowski to be a regular?

Not without a lineup decision being made.

Hronek, Dekeyser, Staal, Merrill, Stecher, Djoos

Those are your most regular 6. You still have Biega on the taxi squad, and now Lindstrom up as well.

I think we’d all like to see Cholowski out there at this point. Over Dekeyser certainly. But I’d take him over Djoos as well.

Reactions: Leadzedder

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Is Staal next? May have to retain some loot. Can we get a 3rd.?

Yeah, I think so man. An TBH at this point I'd settle for a 5th or 6th rdp.

Idk if a Bernier/Glendening package to Carolina/Toronto/Oilers is out of the question with some salary retained with Bernier. I'm hoping that's a package that can get a 1st round pick back our way from someone in the running.

Last edited:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Unfortunately, salary retention does limit Yzerman going forward.

Patrick gets to go home.

Hate dealing with Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad