Confirmed with Link: Nemeth traded to Colorado

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Had no idea about that salary retention contract limit. Why is that a rule?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think at 50% retention, we should have gotten a 3rd round pick. He hasn't been as solid this year as last, but I think some of you are over doing how "bad" he has been.

Also surprised that a decent 4th liner in Riley Nash only landed a 7th. The acquiring prices are really low in my opinion.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Had no idea about that salary retention contract limit. Why is that a rule?
To keep rich and/or fiscally responsible teams from having an "unfair" advantage, is my guess. Uncle Gary wants parity, but often the NHL is parody...like the refs blowing blatant/obvious calls/non-calls since the '80's. Nature of the position, sure.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think at 50% retention, we should have gotten a 3rd round pick. He hasn't been as solid this year as last, but I think some of you are over doing how "bad" he has been.

Also surprised that a decent 4th liner in Riley Nash only landed a 7th. The acquiring prices are really low in my opinion.

Nash is currently injured, could return to playoffs, but his form and condition is very questionable.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

100% agree on the 3rd for Nemeth, especially w/max retention. Also, being a known quantity/quality to Sakic further adds to his value.

I'm thinking SY wanted to get something vs. possibly nothing on a possible slow TDL.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Ehhh, he’s been pretttttyyy bad this year. Ironically, the only thing I feel like he’s done well this year is joining the rush.

I think the only reason Colorado even targeted him is because he’s a known commodity to them. There’s some past experience with Nemeth there coloring their vision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad