Need the complete list of 2C's

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The Sabres need a real 2C desperately and we have assets to acquire one. Who are solid 2C's in this league and 3C's who on a less deep team could play the role well? Not looking for young prospects, guys who have a few years in the league up to vets - prefer a guy in his prime but if the supply is small and asking prices exorbitant then an older guy with 2-3 effective years left would be ok. If only there were a GM or owner out there who would trade an elite 2C for a sack of misfits ....... oh ...... well I can't wait for Botterill to get a new job.

The dream would be a Cirelli, Horvat, Monahan but probably can't pull it off without giving up players that would just put us back in the same place with a gaping hole somewhere on the roster.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Chris Tierney is likely available, but he’s probably not an ideal 2C. I guess it depends on who you have there now and if you feel Tierney would be an upgrade. Cost wouldn’t be too steep. Maybe a 2nd round pick?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Maybe a bit of a hot take, but I could see David Krejci being available, depending on how ready Jack Studnicka is. With Coyle getting a raise next season and the flat cap, I could see Krejci being moved as a possibility (1 year left @ 7.25 M, M-NTC) to fit in Krug's extension. He's still quite capable as a 2C imo. Still plays at a 55-60 point pace without having the luxury of Marchand/Pastrnak on his wings. Then Boston would go Bergeron/Coyle/Studnicka/Kuraly down the middle.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
For Tampa:

currently it’s Cirelli, since Stamkos has been moved to LW (point is our 1C and has been for over a year.... anyone who thinks stamkos is 1C should look at who kucherov plays with).

But stamkos is also technically our 2C most of the time, with cirelli slotting in at 3C until recently.

However, cirelli would not be available for anything another team is willing to pay unless desperate. He is currently a ~40-50pt player with no PP time, that is also a top 5 defensive center in the game

Reactions: Dominance

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
ANA: Henrique
ARZ: Stepan
BOS: Krejci
BUF: Johansson?
CGY: Backlund
CAR: Trocheck/J. Staal
CHI: D. Strome/Dach
COL: Kadri
CBJ: Jenner
DAL: Hintz
DET: Filppula
EDM: Draisaitl
FLA: Haula
LAK: Carter/Kempe
MIN: Eriksson Ek/Kunin
MTL: Domi/Suzuki
NSH: Duchene
NJD: Hughes/Zajac
NYI: Nelson
NYR: R. Strome
OTT: Tierney?
PHI: Hayes
PIT: Malkin
SJS: Hertl
STL: Schenn/O'Reilly
TBL: Stamkos/Cirelli
TOR: Tavares
VAN: Horvat
VGK: Karlsson
WSH: Kuznetsov
WPG:Little/Roslovic

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Maybe a bit of a hot take, but I could see David Krejci being available, depending on how ready Jack Studnicka is. With Coyle getting a raise next season and the flat cap, I could see Krejci being moved as a possibility (1 year left @ 7.25 M, M-NTC) to fit in Krug's extension. He's still quite capable as a 2C imo. Still plays at a 55-60 point pace without having the luxury of Marchand/Pastrnak on his wings. Then Boston would go Bergeron/Coyle/Studnicka/Kuraly down the middle.

So much of the Bruins offseason depends on how the playoffs go. If the Bruins win it all, having Krejci and Chara off the team next season seems entirely possible to me...

And then you suddenly have all this money.

Do you sign Krug... or do you go offersheet Barzal or something more crazy.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Kyle Turris comes to mind as an option that no hockey fan is delighted to hear right now, but one that could actually work out in the end.

I don't think judging him purely based on the last couple years in Nashville gives a perfect idea of what he's capable of when you give him the ice time and freedom to do his thing without going down on the 4th line as soon as he has a bad game. He was a viable 2C for like 7 consecutive years.

31 come next season. 6M until he's 34.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart
Olofsson - Turris - Kahun
Johansson - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Looks like a pretty good top 9 to me if the kids show up.

Turris for Risto swap would be such a basic change of scenery NHL deal to happen leaving many fans unhappy but it would actually make sense from quite a few angles.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Kings’ 2C is Gabe Vilardi

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Technically Edmonton has Draisaitl and RNH both as guys capable of 2C or higher, but their availability is lol and nope

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I’d have to imagine Cirelli could be picked up if you gave up a nice haul considering Tampa’s RFA situation this offseason. Would cost a lot but would be one of the more ideal options.

Reactions: themelkman

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So much of the Bruins offseason depends on how the playoffs go. If the Bruins win it all, having Krejci and Chara off the team next season seems entirely possible to me...

And then you suddenly have all this money.

Do you sign Krug... or do you go offersheet Barzal or something more crazy.

I would love if the Bruins offer-sheeted a top player like that, but they don't have their own 2020 pick, so they wouldn't be able to really go after anyone.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I think Domi for the 10th pick is fair. You could trade down from your 7th pick to acquire more assets then trade with us for Domi.

Reactions: NoName

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I would love if the Bruins offer-sheeted a top player like that, but they don't have their own 2020 pick, so they wouldn't be able to really go after anyone.

Offersheets open up after the draft. Its the 2021 pick that would be needed for an offer sheet. None if this is really happening of course.

But for instance when the Bruins made the Hamilton trade, if Hamilton had signed an offer sheet they would have gotten Calgary's 2016 first not the 2015 first they got in the trade instead.

BattleLevel

Jan 19, 2014
If you could convince a Bryan Little not to put Buffalo on his no trade list, he could probably be had at the beginning of the 20-21 season for a reasonable price

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
If you could convince a Bryan Little not to put Buffalo on his no trade list, he could probably be had at the beginning of the 20-21 season for a reasonable price

At this point, I don't see Little as a 2C anymore, he's more suited for the 3C roll. IMO, anyway.

BattleLevel

Jan 19, 2014
At this point, I don't see Little as a 2C anymore, he's more suited for the 3C roll. IMO, anyway.
Yeh, fair enough. I'd rather see Wheeler at 2c on the Jets than Little at this point. If the Jets would eat some salary and Little would waive, he could have a decent couple seasons before he'd move down to 3C to make room for Mittelstadt (?), Cozens(?) to take the spot. Little is decent in the dzone, good enough on faceoffs, and can play 2pp.
Although at this point I'm trying more to help the Jets get rid of him than help out the Sabres, so it's probably not the best deal they could make.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
For Tampa:

currently it’s Cirelli, since Stamkos has been moved to LW (point is our 1C and has been for over a year.... anyone who thinks stamkos is 1C should look at who kucherov plays with).

But stamkos is also technically our 2C most of the time, with cirelli slotting in at 3C until recently.

However, cirelli would not be available for anything another team is willing to pay unless desperate. He is currently a ~40-50pt player with no PP time, that is also a top 5 defensive center in the game
Insert Buffalo

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Technically Edmonton has Draisaitl and RNH both as guys capable of 2C or higher, but their availability is lol and nope
Especially now that we finally gave RNH a good look at the wing. He can play wing in the top 6 and then if someone does get banged up or hurt it's an easy option to slide him back to center.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Offersheets open up after the draft. Its the 2021 pick that would be needed for an offer sheet. None if this is really happening of course.

But for instance when the Bruins made the Hamilton trade, if Hamilton had signed an offer sheet they would have gotten Calgary's 2016 first not the 2015 first they got in the trade instead.

Oh true you're right.

In that case, I would love to see Boston target Cirelli if they moved Krejci. Tampa is going to be in a cap crunch once again and Cirelli is a fantastic player.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Kyle Turris comes to mind as an option that no hockey fan is delighted to hear right now, but one that could actually work out in the end.

I don't think judging him purely based on the last couple years in Nashville gives a perfect idea of what he's capable of when you give him the ice time and freedom to do his thing without going down on the 4th line as soon as he has a bad game. He was a viable 2C for like 7 consecutive years.

31 come next season. 6M until he's 34.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart
Olofsson - Turris - Kahun
Johansson - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Looks like a pretty good top 9 to me if the kids show up.

Turris for Risto swap would be such a basic change of scenery NHL deal to happen leaving many fans unhappy but it would actually make sense from quite a few angles.

lol you can maybe sell me on Turris, but not for Risto. Even with an unlikely return to form, he’s getting paid 6 million until he’s 34 and is never living up to that contract. Come on man, you’re not getting a dman playing 23 minutes a night making 5 mil for that.

I think Domi for the 10th pick is fair. You could trade down from your 7th pick to acquire more assets then trade with us for Domi.

I’d make that deal in a second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad