Line Combos: Need Senators Fans feedback …

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Some parts about the pp were better yes. But Brannstroms shot needs to be better. He misses the net too much. I like him up top pivoting and he seems to have good chemistry with Stutzle. However he needs to get his shot through and on net way more consistently. I honestly think Stutzle should be up top on PP1 and they should go 5 forwards with giroux up top as well. Have Tkachuk in front and have the 4 man unit rotate up and down in a horse shoe. Norris and Debrincat on their off sides. Sliding from the hash marks to the goal line.

PP1: Giroux Stutzle Debrincat Norris Tkachuk
PP2: Branntsrom Chabot Batherson Pinto Joseph
DJ said Chabby will be on PP1.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
DJ said Chabby will be on PP1.
Let's be honest, there was never any doubt.

His first year as the guy on the PP was actually pretty good under Boucher/Crawford, it's when DJ took over that his personal production on the PP plummeted. Part of that is because we no longer had Stone and Duchene, and imo part of that is just how DJ and his assistants run the PP.
Chabot could stand to improve his shot from the point on the PP, I think if he were to do that it would open things up for everyone, but I think he gets undeserved criticism for his abilities on the PP. He does a good job of holding the line, and the plays our system implements generally aren't relying on the Dman so he's not being asked to do a lot more than that. This year, we'll have all the pieces to have a good PP, So I guess we'll have a better idea if he can cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad