Need immediate skate advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I currently own a pair of Nike v10's. They fit ok aside from one problem, I have to duct tape my inside heels every time I play to avoid blistering (I have put over 100 hours on them, they are broken in). I found a pair of v12's on sale for $250. They are exactly my size and fit like a glove. Is it worth trading up? I play about 4 times a week, recreationally. I have unusual feet and can't fit in to CCM or Bauer skates. I am pretty crappy so i would become the "goof" (the guy with great equipment who can't play for his life). Think I should do it? I need to make a decision asap as I am heading back to university on Tuesday.

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
I dont get it...why if they are broken in do you need duct tape to not get blisters?

If your broken in skates give you blisters imagine what new skates will do.

But hey, if the new skates feel good, why not get em.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
SkateLikeTheWind said:
I dont get it...why if they are broken in do you need duct tape to not get blisters?

If your broken in skates give you blisters imagine what new skates will do.

But hey, if the new skates feel good, why not get em.
There is a hotspot on the inside heel in both skates. I can't explain why it hasn't gone away. i've tried everything, I even had them punched.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Skates should not give you blisters after they're broken in if they fit you properly, it's just that simple. Go to your LHS and try on every skate they own and buy the one that fits you best, don't pay any attention to the name or brand of the skate and don't just buy another pair of Nike's because you already own V10's, buy what fits you best.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Accord said:
Skates should not give you blisters after they're broken in if they fit you properly, it's just that simple. Go to your LHS and try on every skate they own and buy the one that fits you best, don't pay any attention to the name or brand of the skate and don't just buy another pair of Nike's because you already own V10's, buy what fits you best.
Took your advice and went to my local fav hockey store (The Hockey Shop). They fitted me in something that was a completely different size and price(cheaper) than the V-12's I was looking at. I couldn't be happier with them. Lesson to be learned, always get a professional fit and never buy skates from National.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
DaveyCrockett said:
Took your advice and went to my local fav hockey store (The Hockey Shop). They fitted me in something that was a completely different size and price(cheaper) than the V-12's I was looking at. I couldn't be happier with them. Lesson to be learned, always get a professional fit and never buy skates from National.

Glad to hear it.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
I think the best way to break in new skates is first to buy a good fitting skating, get it molded to your feet and basically put Some type of padding for the first 3-4 times you use them, after that they usually dont give you problems

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with the new nikes except one thing. The balls of my feet are getting sore and not in a blistery way. I think it could be because I don't have enough arch support. Any way to fix that?

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
DaveyCrockett said:
I haven't had any problems with the new nikes except one thing. The balls of my feet are getting sore and not in a blistery way. I think it could be because I don't have enough arch support. Any way to fix that?
haha welcome to the club man. I'm having that same exact problem with my CCM Pro Tacks. I bought a pair of Superfeet insoles today and hopefully that will help, I haven't tried them yet but it seems promising. I'll be trying them out tomorrow to see how it goes, i'll definitely let you know.

It seems like you and I have the same foot type.

Check out this thread: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=116045

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad