Need help, Should i drop Brian Elliot for Semyon Varlamov in my pool?

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Hey everyone, i have a question, i made the mistake of drafting Brian Elliot in my fantasy league, it was a later round pick, but still.. i thought he was going to be the Blues starter, i should have done my research on the blues before the draft.

Semyon Varlamov is available on waivers, should i drop Elliot and pick up Varlamov?

its a points pool, so W and shutouts are all that matter, my other goalie is MA Fleury, so im set for my main goalie.

the other goalies available are

Martin Brodeur
Viktor Fasth
Ondrej Pavelec
Devan Dubnyk
Evgeni Nabokov
Ray Emery

i think Varlamov has the most potential to play the most games and get the most Wins out of the bunch

any suggestions is appreciated

graphicdisaster

Sep 27, 2013
Langley, BC
I'd say either Varlamov or Dubnyk. Dubnyk will get a lot of starts, but looks rusty so far in his first few games. Varlamov has been pretty solid so far.

Personally, I'd take Varly.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you have 2 other goalies that get games, then keep Elliott because his stats in 35-40 games will be really good. Varlamov won't keep his stats up.

member 96824

Elliott is most valuable if you have 2 #1s ahead of him or have Halak as well in your lineup.

Varlamov will get more wins, also more losses if you count that.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
thanks guys, i made the switch, were only allowed 2 goalies in my league, and the only stats that count are wins and shutouts, so i had to go with Varly. he will have more chances to post the W's for me.

i appreciate the replys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad