Advice: Need help. No more P19 curve

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
It appears CCM has gotten rid of the P19 Nugent Hopkins curve and replaced it with a P29 Crosby. I tried out the P29 and I am not a fan of it. I am willing to get any stick I just need to find basically an exact copy of that p19 curve. Any thoughts? I had looked at the P92 Ovechkin but it doesn't look right. Same thing for the Easton E3

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
It appears CCM has gotten rid of the P19 Nugent Hopkins curve and replaced it with a P29 Crosby. I tried out the P29 and I am not a fan of it. I am willing to get any stick I just need to find basically an exact copy of that p19 curve. Any thoughts? I had looked at the P92 Ovechkin but it doesn't look right. Same thing for the Easton E3

Well, they've only implemented the P29 on the new Tacks line that just came out. The P19 still exists in the current (though soon to be discontinued) RBZ family, the P87A, which is the exact same as the P19, also still exists in the CCM Ribcor family. You should have no issue finding that curve.

You're absolutely right about the differences between P19 and P29/P92/E3 though.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Well, they've only implemented the P29 on the new Tacks line that just came out. The P19 still exists in the current (though soon to be discontinued) RBZ family, the P87A, which is the exact same as the P19, also still exists in the CCM Ribcor family. You should have no issue finding that curve.

You're absolutely right about the differences between P19 and P29/P92/E3 though.

Yeah see I look at the P29 P92 and E3 and the pocket just seems to be a bit deeper. So is what you are saying is the Tacks line will not ever have the P19 curve?

IDoDaHockey

Sep 21, 2015
Yeah see I look at the P29 P92 and E3 and the pocket just seems to be a bit deeper. So is what you are saying is the Tacks line will not ever have the P19 curve?

I was thinking about getting a speedburner or rbz but none of them have the nugent hopkins, so i guess i wont get them. I used to use a stamkos apx2 but i switched to the nugent hopkins on an rbz100 and my shot is way better. So i now want a top of the line stick with nugent hopkins, so if i got a 1x with p92 it wouldn't be the same as the nugent hopkins? I hear the p92 is just like the nugent hopkins.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
It's close, but not the same. The Nugent Hopkins is a little shallower than the P92 and a little less open. The Bauer P106 would be a slightly shallower and more heel curve version of the NH, while the P92 can be thought of as a 'bigger curve' version of it in layman's terms.

IDoDaHockey

Sep 21, 2015
It's close, but not the same. The Nugent Hopkins is a little shallower than the P92 and a little less open. The Bauer P106 would be a slightly shallower and more heel curve version of the NH, while the P92 can be thought of as a 'bigger curve' version of it in layman's terms.

Ok. I just got a 1x with the p92 curve and i did not feel any difference in the curve at all really. Even my first shots were perfectly accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad