Need Help Contest win Blunder

Raymei

Nov 29, 2008
I was wondering if people could help me out on how to proceed on this matter. Today I was going out for lunch and saw the Red Brigade girls with their United in Red Truck and decided to go over there. So what they did was have a contest for the best goal celebration and the winner would of gotten 2 free playoff tickets for tonight's game 4. So I did the celebration and won but in my excitement did not think much to look at the tickets until after going to Scotiabank Place and paying for parking. There I found out they ended up giving me tickets for Home Game 3 or Game 6 in the series.

I was told to go to the ticket booth by the ushers to see if there could be anything done what they told me was they were not affiliated with them and since we won tonight there is a possible chance there may not be a game six and I would be out of a bit of dignity for the kind of public dancing to win tickets.

What should I do here I tried to find on the Ottawa Senators a contact email to see if the United in Red truck is affiliated with them since NHLSens tweets about them and their activities on game day. Or am I just out of luck to attend a game if they do win Game 5.

Thanks for your help.

Raymei

Nov 29, 2008
Tickets were suppose to be for the game tonight. I would not have made sense if they were giving out tickets for a game that may or may not happen.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Sounds like the onus is on you for not checking the tickets. Sorry, bro.

Sounds like a bit of a rip off/ waste of time but I expect that sort of thing, so I don't get blind sided. If the dancing is the issue and you want to use that as a position to get something else, like new tickets etc, then you'll be told "no one forced you to dance in the street".

Seem like it's still a waste of your time. Hope for a game 6 I guess. No company in the world will refund your parking or exchange your tickets or give you cash value etc.

Drop it, move on, be wary of free things and try not to act like a fool if you embarrass easily.

Raymei

Nov 29, 2008
No I am okay doing stuff like that in public. Just missing that game got me more worked up but today it is another day. Would of loved to have seen it live in person. More to clear up the dignity part really not a big thing at all just more mad at myself.

Not sure who the Red Brigade girls report to (the Cheerleaders in the United in red truck that goes around town) so I can just tell their manager what happend. Not expecting anything out from them just hopping they can be more careful for the next person who wins something they though and ended up with something else.

Thanks for your input. Being a fan since the Brad Marsh days it has been a long time since there has been another game (comming this Thursday) where I hope the other team wins. Then again it would be wonderful to cheer on the Sens in Game 6 (if it happens) and cheer them onto the next round.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Lots of people have tickets for home game 3. They've been selling them since the start. Those tickets are still good for game 6 of this series and should be good for game 1 of the next series if the Sens wrap this up tomorrow. At worst, they should be able to trade them in for another playoff game in the next series if there is no home game 3 in this series. Once the series is settled the Sens will let everyone know how to handle any bought tickets for home game 3 if necessary.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
People who bought Game 6 tickets will get a credit but they will still have to purchase Game 1 of round 2...they don't just roll over to the next game.

Impossible to say if the girls made a mistake or not - I can see them giving away tickets to game 6...sorry you went all that way but who doesn't look at a ticket before they go to a game? I guess you :sarcasm:

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
This really sucks.. That is BS, and I feel your pain.

You need to complain to this red girl brigade or whatever it's called. Tell them about how you were dancing for Tuesday game tickets and they misled you, and you even went to SBP and paid for parking and had to deal with the humiliation of having the wrong tickets. Tell them that if there's no game 6, you expect them to give you tickets for a round 2 game.

Good luck.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
People who bought Game 6 tickets will get a credit but they will still have to purchase Game 1 of round 2...they don't just roll over to the next game.

Impossible to say if the girls made a mistake or not - I can see them giving away tickets to game 6...sorry you went all that way but who doesn't look at a ticket before they go to a game? I guess you :sarcasm:

Almost happened to myself a few years back as i had won some tickets and as we were literally walking out the door i checked them and noticed the ticket was for a game the week before...not sure why but i guess winning them made my mind go blank haha

Raymei

Nov 29, 2008
So I now have an update and a good ending on this. So I was able to get a hold of someone within the organizations marketing department about this and found out I was not the only one with this issue happening. There was two others that called about the same situation and needed it sorted out the same was as me.

From the organization they will see how tommorow night goes first so if they do lose (which I hope now they don't) then status quo I go to game six. If they win me and the other that got the game six winning tickets will either get tickets for the next home game in round two or a game next season at least. The reason for that is it will depend on how many season ticket holders and other sponsors buy up the tickets and how many they decide to allot for the contests. Its great that they would do this and with the parking they will comp me for the game I go to as well for the mistake.

Now for me I have always been a fan and loved how they treat us and now I am even more of a fan and appreciate what they are doing for me eitherway.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
So I now have an update and a good ending on this. So I was able to get a hold of someone within the organizations marketing department about this and found out I was not the only one with this issue happening. There was two others that called about the same situation and needed it sorted out the same was as me.

From the organization they will see how tommorow night goes first so if they do lose (which I hope now they don't) then status quo I go to game six. If they win me and the other that got the game six winning tickets will either get tickets for the next home game in round two or a game next season at least. The reason for that is it will depend on how many season ticket holders and other sponsors buy up the tickets and how many they decide to allot for the contests. Its great that they would do this and with the parking they will comp me for the game I go to as well for the mistake.

Now for me I have always been a fan and loved how they treat us and now I am even more of a fan and appreciate what they are doing for me eitherway.

Classy move by the organization. :handclap:

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
God damnit.

I read this whole thread trying to think of how it was related you helping you win a blender.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
You won tickets and didn't look at them...so very very odd. Yeah Bruins score!

Push540

Oct 11, 2011

Wow, that is quite a resolution! I never would have guessed they would go so far. Class act from that marketing dept. and co.

Raymei

Nov 29, 2008
Well I got my tickets for this Sundays game now in hand and it states Home Game 1 so I am good to go. This organization I have to say really goes beyond expected for fans. On top of the tickets I get free parking and they even gave me a food voucher for the game.

Man you only hear about Uncle Euge doing such great things but I have to say the staff there as well does following in the owners footsteps and treats them like gold.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad