need advice & question on PIM

canucks2sabres

Oct 22, 2012
i played many baseball fantasies but this is my very first time to play hockey fantasy.

here's my mock draft.

1. Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G)
2. Marc-Andre Fleury (Pit - G)
3. Henrik Zetterberg (Det - C,LW)
4. Brad Richards (NYR - C)
5. Alex Pietrangelo (StL - D)
6. Brad Marchand (Bos - C,LW)
7. Joffrey Lupul (Tor - LW,RW)
8. Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C)
9. Milan Michalek (Ott - LW,RW)
10. Jason Garrison (Van - D)
11. Jakub Voracek (Phi - RW)
12. Dan Hamhuis (Van - D)
13. Ryan McDonagh (NYR - D)
14. Brooks Orpik (Pit - D)
15. Ryan Kesler (Van - C)
16. Cody Hodgson (Buf - C,RW)

i got 13rd pick of 14. of course i lost sid, ovi , stamkos and malkin. as king henrik and quick were gone, i decided to pick up good goalies in 2R. rinne is the best and fleury is W guy with a good team. i think B.richards and Marchand were bad pick for me. i think it was too early to pick them. but i also considered richards playing with nash, and marchand won't get 80points but good PIM and +/-.

Lupul and Michalek is points guys, Voracek is a potential 1st liner. garrison is a nice pick(i guess). and hodgson will get more ice time.

but when i picked orpik, i considered +/- and PIM (and maybe hits or blocks) cuz i had no PIM players. and i had one empty Dman spot.

PIM in hockey fantasy is really interesting for me. i might be able to pick ott(buf) or downie(col) or tootoo(det). my question is.. do i really have to care about these guys?

ott and downie can be a 40points guy with 130PIM, but tootoo may be able to be a 150~200PIM guy when it comes to his role in redwings. ott may get less PIM. i mean it's so variable.

so how do u guys consider PIM players in late rounds? do you only think of PIM or first you think of points then pick pim guys?

batman78

Aug 14, 2011
I like to draft a couple of those types to balance out my roster. Then I usually move them in and out of the lineup as needed.

kamil27

Jan 10, 2013
PIM players IMO arent worthy of a late round pick and replace a starter. Yes, it will help the PIM, but rather take a sleeper pick like Kreider or anyone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad