Need Advice for a Dynasty Blockbuster

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I want to get some experienced fantasy/dynasty players advice on this potential trade I’ve been offered.

I’ll start with saying my team won last year. 250 dollar buy in ten team dynasty league that has been going on for 3 years with the dynasty format.

Yahoo head to head. G A PPP PIM +\- HITS SOG

I have been offered by last place team:
Hedman, Kessel

For

Laine, Backstrom, Point

My team is young and strong all around and I think this could potentiall lead to back to back titles. I’m having a tough time pulling the trigger.

My team:
forwards:
Mackinnon
Laine
Kuznetsov
Backstrom
Bergeron
Landeskog
Gaudreau
Connor
Point
M. Tkachuk
Oshie
Reilly Smith

D:
Jones
Carlson
Manson
Fowler

Goalies:
Helly
Fleury
Gibson

Would love some different perspectives. I think I have enough youth that losing Laine and Point isn’t crippling.

Let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I wouldn't do it.

That’s what I’m thinking. I think my team is strong enough to win. However having Hedman the next ten years in a position where not a lot of points generated is tough to turn down and Kessel has 92 last year. It’s tough. I may add an upgrade for myself off his team and toss him Smith who I think got lucky last year with his stats.

Keep it coming people I love all opinions. I’ll add his roster soon so people can help even more.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I'd say no.

Looking at your roster, you're going to be looking for Bergeron, Oshie and Fleury replacements in the next few years - why add to this problem by trading away Laine and Point, who are arguably your free in house replacements.

I understand that Kessel is dominant on the PP and the Pen's PP runs through him, but I don't avocate trading budding stars on contending teams in a dynasty format. Period.

Kessel himself is nearing the age where a decline is expected. I just don't see this as good asset management.

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
Kessel's best days are behind him. You don't trade Laine in a dynasty league.

Hedman
for
Backstrom/Point

still looks like an overpayment but you do get a top 5 d-man.

Reactions: ktownhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad