Goalies: Neck guards

connor35

May 10, 2006
I recently got a new chest protector (15 years later) and it's so much balkier I can't stand to wear my danglers with it.

Any suggestions for one of the neck guards you wear? I play in Florida with no stores nearby and have to order everything. And have a long neck. So really just want the longest on the make that'll protect against skate cuts. I'm old enough to remember Malarchuk and I'm kind of paranoid.

Thanks

goalie29

Oct 17, 2010
Canada
I just have the regular Vaughan neck guard that covers your collar bones, too. But it's not very high (I have a short neck, so it's good for me).

A lot of goalies online rave about the Maltese gel protectors, and the ones from PAW. Those aren't certified though, if that matters to you. The bonus is that they can be customized.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Be careful - danglers and Crouch collars are designed to do two different types of things. It's fine to wear one or the other, but make sure that you're doing it with full knowledge.

I wear both (and yes, I do have issues where the dangler interferes with the chest protector).

connor35

May 10, 2006
Thanks. I've tried all sorts of combos of how my new chest protector sits and how I tie my dangler. I cut my dangler offf mid game cause it was obstructing my vision.

Will check those out. Thanks again guys.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Waiting for more answers. Have taken two slappers off the same collar bone now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad