Confirmed with Link: Necas re-signed $3M x 2

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Looks like $3M x 2, still working the google translate…

“And now, according to Sport.cz, a definitive agreement has indeed been reached. The club was apparently interested in a longer-term contract, but in the end Carolina agreed to a two-year contract. Nečas believes that he will do well at the club and will subsequently ask for an even more lucrative contract.
The 23-year-old skilful Czech scored fourteen goals and collected a total of 40 Canadian points in 78 games last season.”

Edit-official

Last edited:

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
If Necas puts up good numbers next season then he becomes an enticing centerpiece for the next superstar that is traded.

If Carolina holds onto Necas for the length of the deal then I believe he has arbitration rights as a RFA the same off-season that Aho, Teravainen, Pesce and Skjei are all UFAs.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
So if it is true, why no official announcement yet? Is Don pulling a Lamerello and holding it back while working to move another contract?
Can we will it into existence? With the power of our stupendous minds?

yappi.jpg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I was wrong with a pre season prediction last year that Necas was going to break out huge this past year.... Do I predict it again this offseason???

Reactions: Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So if it is true, why no official announcement yet? Is Don pulling a Lamerello and holding it back while working to move another contract?

It's Friday night, the front office feels alright, the party is here on the west side, they gotta get their groove on before they go get paid (to do their job and sign Necas)

Reactions: Tryamw and MinJaBen

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Smart signing... He's aware he didn't have a great season and will come back strong! I'd take him over JP or Yamamoto who are in similar pay range

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
If Necas puts up good numbers next season then he becomes an enticing centerpiece for the next superstar that is traded.

If Carolina holds onto Necas for the length of the deal then I believe he has arbitration rights as a RFA the same off-season that Aho, Teravainen, Pesce and Skjei are all UFAs.
Yeah, seems like the ideal scenario for Necas, just adds a little more drama to potential free agent Armageddon in two years.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
If this is true this could be a steal. I'd like to think that Covid last year f***ed with him and he'll get back to the Game 5 vs Nashville Necas. That would be just swell:yo:
That and the two (verified) concussions over the last calender year and a half... I'm a gambler but I think he could push Koko for 2C and put up a big season.

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad