Necas or Jarvis? (early '23 season edition)

Necas or Jarvis? (early '23 season edition)

• Necas

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Jarvis

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 50/50

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think there's a reasonable chance we are not able to (or choose not to) keep both these guys and have to choose between them when they both hit RFA this offseason. Let's make the assumption for this poll that Jarvis will be a little bit cheaper to keep than Necas based on RFA years left, and also that based on production so far Necas is worth more in a trade. I think this season will factor in quite a bit as well as complex trade discussions too, and hey we may be able to keep both, but curious what everyone's opinion is at this time if we do have to choose. Thinking we can revisit too after the year and compare.

Personally if forced to choose, I'd keep Necas and take a chance on his upside while packaging Jarvis + to improve the roster elsewhere. But really prefer we keep both and just keep building around our young core vs shaking things up

Reactions: zman77

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Depends on if Pettersson is on the market. It's a much tougher call if that's the case. Personally, if Pettersson is realistic, I would try to keep Jarvis and use Necas as the chip, but if not, of course the right option is to sign both of them long-term.
One will be included in that deal so the argument about affording both is moot

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Jarvis has always been the better puck protector who makes solid choices and Necas is working to not be the complete opposite but sometimes can’t help himself. I say keep them both but I think Jarvis would be the teams choice if they had to choose. Hopefully they don’t.
Jarvis I think projects to be the more consistent player from shift-to-shift, Necas has the higher ceiling but also lower floor shift-to-shift. If we can bridge Jarvy I see no reason we can't keep both

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Depends on if Pettersson is on the market. It's a much tougher call if that's the case. Personally, if Pettersson is realistic, I would try to keep Jarvis and use Necas as the chip, but if not, of course the right option is to sign both of them long-term.
both guys (particularly Necas) were flying the other night. Young assets = keep both

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
So far, Necas is a bigger difference maker when he's on, but more of a liability when he's off. Doesn't matter what we think, given that, the front office and Rod will choose Jarvis.

Came here to say this. Necas is a bipolar player. High highs and low lows. Blazing speed, some nice stickhandling, the only guy on the team who attempts one timers....and they're getting better. He's the most fun Hurricane to watch when he's on.

He's bigger than Jarvis but doesn't really use his size and tends to shy away from contact more than Jarvis. I kind of see Jarvis as a hobbit version of Justin Williams...hairy feet and all.

Both are good players that you want on your team but Rod's going to choose the guy he thinks is "solid".

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
It's moot. We have $30.8M in capspace next year and those two are the most important pieces to re-sign. We'll get them done. The only way I see us not signing both is if we make a trade. And the only way I could foresee a trade is if we deal Necas for a forward upgrade. I don't think that deal will materialize but I could see the Borg paying attention and looking at fits.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

As things stand right now, if it's a Pettersson deal the one we keep is the one that Vancouver doesn't insist on coming back to them as part of the trade.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I don’t watch canes games as much as y’all, and I may be a bit biased since I drafted and was always high on necas, but ima go necas.

I just think he is more dynamic than Jarvis.

Reactions: geehaad and Chan790

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad